let's help em out (1 Viewer)

narrator

HSC
N/A
i noticed AsyLum was talkin bout the next batch, well if you had one piece of advice for the year 11s, what would it be?

narrator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
DONT DO THIS SUBJECT??? :D
don't tell em that, they're impressionable, they might actually listen.

to any year 11s reading this comment, take no notice of what AsyLum has said, i've read his major work, trust me, this is one unstable individual

you can disagree if you want AsyLum, but i have a feeling you wont

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I agree with YEAR12!!! Start!!! And do a significant amount of work on this over the summer holidays! It will make life so much easier next year!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by narrator
don't tell em that, they're impressionable, they might actually listen.

to any year 11s reading this comment, take no notice of what AsyLum has said, i've read his major work, trust me, this is one unstable individual

you can disagree if you want AsyLum, but i have a feeling you wont

hey that INSANE document was ONLY a caution in case i am actually let out into the world!! :D

narrator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
think of an idea/concept now
that's easy to say, but i know with me if i try and think of an idea it's much more difficult than when i don't.

i'd just say be more aware of your life, there are so many things to base a major work on, take time to notice things you don't often do, they might inspire or even spur a good idea

Leap

free falling
HSC
My advice would be - forget about it over the summer. Just relax let the ideas start to grow at the back of your mind. In first term do a lot of research - regardless of what you are doing you will need some sort of research (if only to bullshit about in your reflection statement). After the holidays, try to write a paragraph to half a page of your Major work every few days.
And don't worry about leaving everything to the last minute, it seems that no matter how organised you are, theres going to be something right at the end that you haven't done anyway, so just accept the fact that you will have to pull a few all-nighters and you'll be fine.
:)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Go into it with an open mind and anticipate changes. Don't expect your major work to be exactly what you had planned it to be in the beginning. Be open to all criticism, because no matter how much of a personal attack it may seem to be, it isn't people are only trying to help you improve your major work.

KarmaKitten

HSC
:)

thanks for all the advice. my teachers are telling me to start it during the summer holidays :\
i hope i can be motivated enough

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
If you can't find the motivation, search for all the EE2 threads that were created about a week before the major work was due in. They should motivate you into doing something, believe me! :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by blah says she
If you can't find the motivation, search for all the EE2 threads that were created about a week before the major work was due in.
Haha, fun times.... back in the good ol days!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My english tutor told me to have the majority of it completed by the end of my summer holidays. And for the next couple of terms, work on it to get it absolutely perfect.

Good idea or not?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Go into it with an open mind and anticipate changes. Don't expect your major work to be exactly what you had planned it to be in the beginning. Be open to all criticism, because no matter how much of a personal attack it may seem to be, it isn't people are only trying to help you improve your major work.
Ditto.
This was very much my experience, seeing my essay went through two major evolutions before settling upon it's final form.

Be true to thine own self

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, I remember I was kinda cut when my first drafts were ripped to pieces, but then I realized it was all important.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you can't find the motivation, search for all the EE2 threads that were created about a week before the major work was due in. They should motivate you into doing something, believe me! :)
or just search for threads and posts by me :D

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
My english tutor told me to have the majority of it completed by the end of my summer holidays. And for the next couple of terms, work on it to get it absolutely perfect.

Good idea or not?
thats what my english teachers say as well, damn them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)