Let's Liven up the Food Tech Forum!! (1 Viewer)

ALLLICE

HSC
Surely ppl still do food tech?!! But this forum is soo dead.. Share ur awesome or nightmarish food tech experiences!

For me food tech was one of those no work/ awesome grades subjects... and the cooking pracs were always fun, erm except when the ingredients were a bit dodgy...

Ohhh and once for my friend's speech on goat farming (some assessment to do with organisations in diff. food industry sectors) she brought in a REAL LIVE GOAT (from our school's ag farm) as a part of her presentation..LoL...the teachers freaked about oc health and safety...o man...good times...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Hi, I did Food Tech in Year 10.
It was a very dismal subject, the only thing that kept me interested was my top range marks in my Food tech exams because my classmates weren't academically brilliant.
Last year Food Tech wasn't offered to Year 11's, this year's Year 11's were offered Food Tech.

This Food Tech sub-forum is a reflection of Food Tech's popularity among senior students. You can see why it is quite empty.

ALLLICE

HSC
f3nr15 said:
Hi, I did Food Tech in Year 10.
It was a very dismal subject, the only thing that kept me interested was my top range marks in my Food tech exams because my classmates weren't academically brilliant.
Last year Food Tech wasn't offered to Year 11's, this year's Year 11's were offered Food Tech.

This Food Tech sub-forum is a reflection of Food Tech's popularity among senior students. You can see why it is quite empty.
*sigh*...alas it is true

leashel

HSC
i hate food tech with a passion...i stupidly chose it over wood tech...why?!?!?! my teacher is a b*tch...i think thats why i hate it heh xo

dorablogz

HSC
well food tech is my one of my favourite sucjects... main reason is because of the marks! teachers have screwed us up a bit.. my last teacher only lasted a term, yet managed to have us banned from cooking (until this yr) only teach us ONE dot point of the nutrition component, and give me 100% for one of the most dodgiest assignments ive ever done.. but hey im down with that!!

so yeah where are all the food tech-ers these days!?

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Well I had to do Food tech because Economics wasn't running this year but I didn't want to do it. '

Half yearly's are coming up and half my class doesnt know how to study through a syllabus -.-

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
I had to do food tech coz i wanted to do hospitality but it was on the same line as business studies. To make it worse my school didnt end up running a food tech class so i have to do it by distance ed. But its ok pretty easy studd espeically when i basically teach myself.

ALLLICE

HSC
wow!..ppl are finally posting in the thread!:eek:

dorablogz said:
well food tech is my one of my favourite sucjects... quote]

Yay! someone else who likes the subject!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
f3nr15... I'm sure, in some weird outrageous thought for you probably, that someone around the world could have named their child a similar name as someone else...don't be too shocked though.

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
yeh food tech isn't that popular... most ppl think its gonna be a bludge but its far from it. like i have to write an essay a week and it has the heaviest work load for me.

OMG! i was doing the prac for assessment ask and i cut myself with the knife and then i picked up a jar that came out of the oven it was 200 degrees and so OUCHIE!! & earlier i got my hpv injection so my whole arm is really sore..

well thats my food tech story.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
Well I had to do Food tech because Economics wasn't running this year but I didn't want to do it. '

Half yearly's are coming up and half my class doesnt know how to study through a syllabus -.-
I picked Economics over Food Tech just because the people there were more willing to actually do work. Wrong choice that was.

Ah, Food Tech is like the subject where everyone has stories to tell.

SimoneL

HSC
Yea, people do have stories to tell. My teacher especially and her *shudder* dating storis...scarred for life

fiona.p

HSC
Food Tech has got to be the most BORINGEST subject out of all the subjects. I chose it because i enjoyed it in year 9&10 and i was doin quiet well in it and there were no other subjects that i liked in that line but i really regret choosing it now. I really dont care about the Australian Food Industry and all that crap!! The only good thing about it is that you can easily B/S and get good marks for it even if you dont study xD

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
fiona.p said:
Food Tech has got to be the most BORINGEST subject out of all the subjects. I chose it because i enjoyed it in year 9&10 and i was doin quiet well in it and there were no other subjects that i liked in that line but i really regret choosing it now. I really dont care about the Australian Food Industry and all that crap!! The only good thing about it is that you can easily B/S and get good marks for it even if you dont study xD
LOL quite true.

lexie2290

HSC
hey guys i just wanted to know where i could find the answers/study notes to the syllabus dot points, a friend once gave me the link for biology, it teaches you everthing u need to know????

plz help.....!!!!!

all4gsus

HSC
u can go to hsc online... btu i jsut went there...and there isn't much on there...

does anyone have notes on food product development?

all4gsus

HSC
you can always check your text book? but that's not under dot points.. if u have food technology in action... the yellow one with the fork, it's pretty good... has almost everything you need to know.

windmill101

HSC
ahhh... well i have my trial today! Cannot wait! ahem... I was hoping someone on this forum could have helped me with the organisation for AFI that you have to study. But it seems as though everyone who uses this forum doesn't give a crap about food tech... Don't blame you!! Can't wait til it's all over!

Xenmae

HSC
for me it was food tech or stuff liek wood (hated it) drama (english as art) or go by corrospondence that was my choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)