Let's pray to thank Mr.Jim Coroneos (1 Viewer)

vafa

HSC
N/A
It is very hard to describe my feelings by the words. But what I am going to say will be from heart definitely.

today I was looking at a thread which was about Mathematics text books and I just saw pluvia's post which indicated there is another thread about mathematics text books. I looked at the thread and I noticed that sometimes ago I posted something like " I as someone who is going to be a mathematician, would like to thank Mr.jim Coroneos because he shares his knowledge of mathematics with lovers of mathematics."

I suddenly saw Mr.Buchanan's post where he said "Vafa, you are too late. He passed away last year. He was 80."

Now I feel so sad because I have used Mr.coroneos's books and I have enjoyed with the way he explained mathematics concepts and I am sure he was, is and will be the best.

I just want to pray to thank Mr.Jim coroneos and I hope everyoneelse is going to pray to thank Mr.jim coroneos because He had spent so many years of his life to give services to us(Australian students).

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Aww, that's so sweet... in a mathematical way. :)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Oh gosh, he died! Wow. When I did 4 Unit Maths we were using his textbooks and our teacher knew the man personally. If we found a mistake he would say, "I'll call Jim tonight and check."

That is sad. Mind you, if only they could have made his textbooks interesting to look at, it would have been all good.

Now, what on Earth did I do with my 4 Unit Maths textbook?

HSC
N/A
I think it'd make more practical sense to thank his family for agreeing to continue his business. They revamped his website www.coroneos.com.au after he passed away and will continue to make his books available to students for a long time after his passing.

vafa

HSC
N/A
buchanan said:
I think it'd make more practical sense to thank his family for agreeing to continue his business. They revamped his website www.coroneos.com.au after he passed away and will continue to make his books available to students for a long time after his passing.

I am sure that his name will last forever.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Trev said:
I remember being given his 100 integration questions, I never knew he had passed away. Good bloke if he liked maths :p
Yep, "The Bastard 100" they called it my school, year 12 has been doing those every year. RIP Mr.Coroneos

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Trev said:
I remember being given his 100 integration questions
*cough*

I used some of his books. They were quite useful.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
his 4 unit revise book they now sell at dymocks does not come with answers...but RIP Mr Coroneos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)