Letter to the editor (1 Viewer)

Azreil

HSC
I just did the opening paragraph to the following question:

Write a letter to the editor convincing them that your focus journey should or should not be kept for next years area of study. Explain your with reference to your prescribed text, and at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

Dear Sir/Madam,
It has come to my attention that the Board of Studies NSW is considering changing the Area of Study of the HSC English (Advanced) course in 2009 from Journeys. I heartily disagree with this proposal; as a year 12 student I have been lucky enough to study Journeys and believe it is a valuable lesson young adults must learn. In my study of "Cosi", a semi-autobiographical play by Louis Nowra, Jodi Picoult's novel "My Sister's Keeper" and the film "Fight Club", directed by David Fincher, I have learnt a great many things about myself and the environment I live in--the power and ambiguous nature of journeys, the change they can cause. Should the students of 2009 be denied the chance to learn these lessons? Certainly not!

To me, that sounds pretentious. But I don't know what they are looking for. Any criticism or suggestions would be highly appreciated. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)