Leunig visual (1 Viewer)

gwemma88

HSC
"Let it go. Let it out"

If you want to quote it's source it is... The Traveling Luenig, 1990, Australia: Penguin Books)

I used this in a speech i had to give on imaginative journeys... here is an excerpt that might help you, i dont know....

The cartoon depicts a figure walking along a path that originates from their mind and behind them are the words,

“Let it go. Let it out.
Let it all unravel.
Let it free and it can be
A path on which to travel.”

The fact that the path along which the figure is walking starts from inside his head, clearly indicates an imaginative journey, seeing as the imagination originates in the mind. Also, the fact that he is a solitary figure walking along his own path indicates that imaginative journeys are personal and that no one else can experience the same one. The background to this cartoon is drawn in various, irregular shades of monochrome, whereas the figure and the path along which he travels is purely white. This visual technique of contrasting colours shows that the path of the imagination for this figure is clear and unobstructed, whereas his physical surroundings may limit him. The fact that there is a moon in the sky may indicate that this is actually a dream, and dreams are certainly a form of imaginative journeys.

With the poetic text included in this cartoon, a short catchy rhyme is used to engage the audience. A journey is clearly indicated by the phrase “a path on which to travel” and words such as “unravel” and “free” suggest the lack of limitations on an imaginative journey.

Through both text and images, the reader gains a clear understanding of an imaginative journey.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
thx guys, ill be using that as my supp text for imaginary journeys. yippie excellentay

skidmarks

HSC
N/A
that's a very neat little supp text
short, sharp, but very smart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)