Levlen Ed HELP (1 Viewer)

angel18

HSC
N/A
Hey guys :)

I recently started using a contraceptive pill (Levlen Ed) in the hopes of decreasing my severe period pain... Technically, I was supposed to get my period in a wks time from now but without reading the leaflet (a dumb thing to do I know =.=) I started taking the pill 3 days ago!

Its to my understanding that I was supposed to begin the pill on the day I start my period but I didn't...Is this okay?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated

Lori.

HSC
jeez, I see neither your doctor nor your pharmacist managed to do their jobs properly in explaining how to use it. well, it shouldnt be a huge deal that youve taken it early, I think the reason behind getting you to take it on the first day is not to upset your cycle too much, but you might as well call your doctor and ask.

andry

HSC
yes, it's fine.

It's recommended that you take it on the day of your period so that you are protected from day 1 but if you're taking it for any other reasons it should ok. You DO have to wait 1(2?) week(s) before being protected from sex though so if you are sexually active as well, i'd use additional contraceptives or refrain altogether.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
First of all keep taking it unless a doctor tells you otherwise as you dont want to mess with your cycle any more than you need to.

i'd confirm with a doctor or pharmasist but I think you may just find you feel a bit crappy as you've messed around with your cycle. Be sure to use a barrier contraceptive method until it will be considered to be effective, the insert or your doctor should be able to tell you how long this will be.

Be sure next time to read the packet, esp regarding any new medications (HERBAL, NATURAL or SYNTHETIC), missing a pilll (including throwing up etc...) and changing pills, skipping periods.

Last edited:

angel18

HSC
N/A
Thank you all so much for ur input- I really appreciate it :)

I think you may just find you feel a bit crappy as you've messed around with your cycle.
This is definitely so! i've been feeling nauseous and only last nite experienced a bit of a dizzy spell not to mention on and off cramping :(

I pray I haven't done more harm than good to my body...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you all so much for ur input- I really appreciate it :)

This is definitely so! i've been feeling nauseous and only last nite experienced a bit of a dizzy spell not to mention on and off cramping :(

I pray I haven't done more harm than good to my body...
It should pass, most people feel a bit crap for the first month or so, but once the hormones settle you should feel a lot better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)