lfg for sport (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm seriously bored with life atm so I was thinking about joining a sports team, but don't know where/how. So I'm wondering, do you guys play any sports?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
play tennis :D i'm not in any club or anything though
what have you played in the past/like?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The last sport I played was cricket in like, year 9. Before that, I played basketball and soccer for a few years.

I'd love to play soccer again, that was fun and the soccer world cup bandwagon rekindled my interest in the sport.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
HAHA, that was a whole year ago! sounds like you're way motivated :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I don't have that many friends, so starting a team would be tough.

Indoor soccer/cricket sounds fun. I played them a couple of times for sport in highschool. You get more injuries than the outoor versions.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
nah, that wasn't in reference to you..i didn't bother quoting coz i figured it'd be pretty obvious but then you posted at the same time haha

my mate played indoor soccer with a bunch of friends, that was pretty cool..though they're school age which makes things easier tournament-wise

edit: oh ffs! stop posting at the same time as me :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Emily do you want to come to the movies with me tomorrow? I've only got 8-9am and want to go see harry potter after.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha man, how desperate are you? :p
and sucks to be you, 8am, yuck!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
You’ll have a hard time playing outdoor soccer at this time of the year, since the all age competition is halfway finished. Indoor soccer is the way to go, since you don't have to be very fit. The next competition at Howzat starts pretty soon I think. Most teams are normally looking for another male player (especially in the mixed competition), so if you get in touch with Howzat soon they’ll find you a team to play in.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ok, shh everyone, we have a pro in our midst, listen and learn :p
oi, what'd you think about emgt? i'm excited :eek:

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
you're excited about integrated impact assessment? I guess it looked alright, but rethinking development looks so much better. i've already dropped out of geos3250, which has been replaced by soca3060 (my god, sociology)
oh well, final semester at undergrad level!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
well, i agree i trailed off a lot at the end..it's too late :( but still, i really liked it..it's going to end up being so beneficial i reckon..it's an area i'm actually quite interested in :eek:

why did you drop geos? i was talking to kate about the lecturer earlier and she was like 'don't worry, he's really good, he won't leave you hanging' and then we get in there and he goes 'well since most of you have done the 2nd year course i'm going to throw you in the deep end and let you work through things yourself' :eek: thankfully my group consists of two previous students! i don't think it'll be too hard, and also potentially useful

i'm not sure whether i want soca..it sounds like a good course but i also can't help but think it'll just be quite repetitive..geog looks that way also, but it might be ok..do you know so far we have no essays? :D

edit: ps. make sure you don't slip away on thursday, i want to hear about nt!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Craig said:
You’ll have a hard time playing outdoor soccer at this time of the year, since the all age competition is halfway finished. Indoor soccer is the way to go, since you don't have to be very fit. The next competition at Howzat starts pretty soon I think. Most teams are normally looking for another male player (especially in the mixed competition), so if you get in touch with Howzat soon they’ll find you a team to play in.
Thanks heaps dude. I wasnt really expecting to play soccer this late in the season. I'll go in to Howzat some point soon and nominate myself.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
anyone got a rough idea how much tennis racquets cost? i want a new one and i don't really feel like going to buy one only to find out i don't have enough money..and on that note, where can i get them? i can only think of rebel sports or at the broadmeadow tennis courts (they still have a shop yeh?) but that'd be weird, i don't even go there :S AHHH i know nothing! :p

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
a-mart all sports is pretty cheap, or paul’s warehouse. it depends on what quality you want though

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i don't really care about top of the line or anything..i just don't want a shitty old one anymore

and i don't even know where they are :eek: yet i can recite the paul's warehouse jingle somehow! 'paaaaauls..got it alllllll..paul's warehouse!' :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)