Liberal Studies (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey
Does anyone here do liberal studies, liberal studies (advanced) or liberal studies (international)?
I've read a fair bit about this course, but for anyone that does it: What is it like as a course?
Any info and stuff would be really good thanks.

Last edited:

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yeah. we've already discussed it elsewhere, gwarpo. :D
but it IS a sad state of affairs, the course.
Although I actually don't think it would be so bad for you, because you're doing up-to-standard mathematics and french continuers. The course might actually be suited to you because you will already have a good grounding in the necessary diverse areas.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
i was thinking of doing liberal studies too, except im not doing math for my HSC, will that be a problem? for the science major something like "history and philosophy of science" doesnt require math, does it?

Candypants

Maths is compulsory for the first semester, so you may be quite a bit disadvantaged having not done maths, but its not a prerequisite, so you can still get in, and drops the maths (I think) after 1 semester.

Iwas really interested in doing it too because its for people who have a lot of interests... but it's not very recognised as a degree because it's basically a bunch of subjects, not a concentrated degree... but the idea with lib studies is that you dabble in this and that,and eventually narrow it down when you find something of interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)