Liberal Studies?? (1 Viewer)

lbft

Geek
HSC
All I was saying was that lots and lots of other students are stuck doing first-year subjects after first year.

cayte

Sure, but there was no bullshit in what I posted and we aren't talking about other courses, we're talking about Liberal Studies, which I happen to have a fair amount of knowledge about, studying the course and all. For considerably longer than yourself.

lbft

Geek
HSC
cayte said:
which I happen to have a fair amount of knowledge about, studying the course and all. For considerably longer than yourself.
Yeah? Well... well... well..

um..

*runs off crying*

aud

HSC
OK... I have a feeling I won't get the UAI for Arts/Law, and I think I have Lib Studies (Adv) as my next best option... so can someone... let's say, evaluate, my particular confusing situation :D

I want to do a double Major in Arts in Classics and Classical Studies - but that will involve studying Latin/Ancient Greek - will that cover my language? Then for my Major in Science, I'd do Maths - would that cover that little unit we have to do? Then if that's all fine, will I be all... fine?

caramelheaven

serial coconut.
HSC
so confused

you guys have completely confused me!!

a week ago, after id found the course (liberal studies, orange) i was completely psyched up for it.

after reading this thread, i am confused and stressed... wat the!

Pleassssssssse someone confirm whether career prospects after the degree are minimal or what?

im tossing up between this, communications, business or planning

please help :(

cayte

The career prospects as an undergrad in lib studs are no better than had you simply done a generic arts or science bachelor.

blue_panda_bec

Ouch... I too, thought Liberal Studies would be the dream degree - The International stream sounds pretty cool. I DID like the idea of a BROAD education since a postgrad Med degree would be science based anyway so why not take a few arts subjects and science to get prepared for GAMSAT.. If it's that crap what would be better?

mozzie

HSC
umm i have wanted to do libral since i heard of it..but its sooo high....any idea if liberal especially the interantional and the advanced is likely to go up anyhigher this year?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont think it can go up much higher than it is now. it could go up by less than one mark like 0.25 or something but it may just stay the same depending on whether it is more popular for 2005 1st yearers.

melon

oh god people, i was thinking about doing liberal studies as well...
it sounded, like, awesome...but i wasnt sure if id get in anyway, & its really good to have some opinions from people who are actually doing the course..
so do is it better to be doing a specific course? cos i was also thinking about doing occupational therapy at usyd, or maybe human resource management at mac
i was also wondering, & thins might be a stupid question, but someone humour me...at about what date do you graduate? is it at the end of the year, like in high school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)