Library Fines (1 Viewer)

K.

HSC
Are they pretty loose? Ive handed every book in a few days late and my fines havent come up :/

???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm not sure but the way one of the library ladies was talking to me, it sounded as if if you handed the book in 1 min late you'd already have a stop put on your card and a fine :S

K.

HSC
Yeah, I read that before.

I just don't get the fines:/

I've borrowed about ummmm 30 books this semester and about 26 of them have been a week late and I get no fines emailed to me :/

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
i'm not sure but the way one of the library ladies was talking to me, it sounded as if if you handed the book in 1 min late you'd already have a stop put on your card and a fine :S
haha, yeah, but that's the librarian.

It really depends. I've had one a couple of days late, and they were fine. Then I've had one just a couple of mins late, and I got the fine.

I think it depends on when they empty the stack and how busy they are.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
omg one of my friends borrowed 6 books and returned them a week late = $66!!!!!!!!! FRKN 66 BUCKS!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
fernando said:
omg one of my friends borrowed 6 books and returned them a week late = $66!!!!!!!!! FRKN 66 BUCKS!
I have a friend who a phd student and he got a $1000 fine for his library books! Somehow, he got away with it and didn't have to pay the fine.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
marchetta said:
I have a friend who a phd student and he got a $1000 fine for his library books! Somehow, he got away with it and didn't have to pay the fine.
WTF! that is crazy!

CieL

HSC
marchetta said:
WTH how does that work..

• You may be liable for a fine of up to $50 per item. Fines are imposed immediately on all borrowers for the late return of any items. There are different fine rates for different categories of material:
  • All items from the main collection $1.00 per day to a maximum of $50.00
  • Three Day Loan items $5.00 per day to a maximum of $50.00
  • Reserve items $2.00 per hour to a maximum of $50.00
Because you can only get a max of $50/item........ so unless he borrowed 20 books at once.................................................. gosh, 20 books, what a nerd.....

ReaveR

HSC
You should probably go to the library and check if you have incurred those fines, because if I recall correctly they don't give you your exam results if you have outstanding fines.

K.

HSC
I may do that after results come out if i can't get into estudent.

No use making an arse out of myself and end up paying for fees when I don't have to :rofl:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
CieL said:
gosh, 20 books, what a nerd.....
:uhhuh:
but if you've had 19 out at one time you're not a nerd... right? :eek:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
this makes me think

if there was a really expensive book you wanted - and you borrowed it and 'lost it' - pay the maximum fine and never hand it back - cheap book?
O r would there be a re-stocking fee?

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
CieL said:
gosh, 20 books, what a nerd.....
Did I mention he was completing a PhD in my last post...? Plus, I think PhD students can borrow up to 40 books I think?
ReaveR said:
You should probably go to the library and check if you have incurred those fines, because if I recall correctly they don't give you your exam results if you have outstanding fines.
That reminds me, I have to pay my library fine before the results! :eek:

Last edited:

K.

HSC
I wish it was the cheap $50 fee, I lost this book: this one

and they charged me the $50 processing fee then $170 as the replacement fee.

Fuckers.

(Someone convert the US price of $49.95 to AU$ please, Clearly the book wasn't worth AU $170)

Kegs

HSC
But they have to spend the time covering it, and then putting in the strip that makes the alarms go off so you cant steal it. That shit cost money. Thats why it is usually so high.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
there should be a revolution

'we the students of MQ will only pay our fines, when you can make an online marks system that actually works k thx bye.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)