• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Library suggestion? (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Do any of you have any suggestions of a good library that is quiet, motivating and has resources such as internet usage, lots of good books, word processors and closes late? .. i have my half-yearlies soon as a lot of you people do and i find it quite hard to study at home as i get too distracted by little things and i barely get the amount i want to. Practically i've been going to state library after school on some days but the problem is that it takes too long for me to get back home and not to mention to get there. My local library is then just crap as it is more a day-care center then a actually library lol. I'm looking at areas such as stratty, burwood or somewhere close to the city and i know that there are libareys there but are they any good? and i would go check them out but i don't have a lot time ><" thanks !

Last edited:

sasquatch

HSC
Man yeah i wanna go work at the library too.. but they all close so bloody early. Why cant they stay open till like 8 or 9... whats wrong with people... They open so late too on weekends.. its friggen annoying..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sasquatch said:
Man yeah i wanna go work at the library too.. but they all close so bloody early. Why cant they stay open till like 8 or 9... whats wrong with people... They open so late too on weekends.. its friggen annoying..
where abouts do you live? i know some librarys that close at 8 or 9, but i havent actually been there. fisher at usyd closes at 10 i think. i went there in the holidays a couple of times and the environment is great but it takes me a long time to get there and back.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The state library would be the best place to go:

State Reference Library Mon-Thur: 9 am to 9 pm Fri: 9 am to 6 pm Sat 11 am to 5 pm Sun:11 am to 5 pm
Mitchell Library Mon-Thur: 9 am to 7 pm Fri: 9 am to 6 pm Sat: 11 am to 5 pm Sun: Closed

A girl from my school topped legal studies a few years ago she went to the state library to study and get resources atleast once a week.

http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/

Last edited:

sasquatch

HSC
Nuh i need a late library for the friday to sunday period of the week! All of them open late and close early.. so if anybody knows one that closes late (dont really care THAT much bout it opening early) can you tell me?!?!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I doubt there will be many libraries that are still open after about 9 or 10pm, maybe go to the library earlier instead and study at home for late hours? :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
simbim21 said:
i know stratfhield library is pretty good. it's open till 8pm mon-thurs so that gives you probably 3-4 hours decent study. it's quite big and very quiet, has the internet and lots of books (is two storeys- you've probably seen it). i personally go there sometimes and find it quite good. fully recommend it!
thanks for the suggestion. i think ill check it out this monday.

Wooz said:
The state library would be the best place to go:

State Reference Library Mon-Thur: 9 am to 9 pm Fri: 9 am to 6 pm Sat 11 am to 5 pm Sun:11 am to 5 pm
Mitchell Library Mon-Thur: 9 am to 7 pm Fri: 9 am to 6 pm Sat: 11 am to 5 pm Sun: Closed

A girl from my school topped legal studies a few years ago she went to the state library to study and get resources atleast once a week.

http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/
i've been to state library a lot recently but i realised it takes too long for me to get home

Last edited:

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Bankstown library is pretty good, and is pretty much the same what simbim21 described about the strathfield library, has two storeys as well. You should go there sometime...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Deltan said:
Bankstown library is pretty good, and is pretty much the same what simbim21 described about the strathfield library, has two storeys as well. You should go there sometime...
Probably won't because i hate the bankstown area in general and it takes too long to get a train there !

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I reckon a quiet library would be the one at Chinatown, where its close to Capital Square and opposite from Market City. You may have to take the lift upstairs for a quiet study space. I dont know if the resources are good. Dunno if its too far for you.

Emph

HSC
Gordon library is excellent. Private study rooms for 2-6 people, individual study desks in all corners, rooms of computers, fax/photocopying facilities etc etc.

Only a two minute walk from the station on a major rail line as well and all buses from Mona Vale terminate at the bus station.

Hours:
Monday to Thursday 10am-9pm
Friday 10am-6pm
Saturday/Sunday 10am-5pm

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Blacktown library for shizzle! .. lol

it's good coz it's renovated. not the old one. there's a study 'desk' area on the 2nd floor. and then for the more serious studiers; there's a study room where evertyhing's quiet. never been in that . lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
Blacktown library for shizzle! .. lol

it's good coz it's renovated. not the old one. there's a study 'desk' area on the 2nd floor. and then for the more serious studiers; there's a study room where evertyhing's quiet. never been in that . lol
yeah i know it good i went there last time with you dont u remember haha? problem is that it takes so long to get a train there = = ;; lol

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
bobness said:
parra library .. lol although these days a lotta ppl crowd it so it may be a bit more .. boisterous than normal

but can't top these resources :D

lol parra lib is bombarded wif baulko and jr pplz! :eek:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
just go to b-town library.. u knw u want to. haha
it's the best place to go. nothin' good about btown to induce you to not study!!

and yeah... although.. there's that weird asian kid that makes those freakin' random commentary ... oO''

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
just go to b-town library.. u knw u want to. haha
it's the best place to go. nothin' good about btown to induce you to not study!!

and yeah... although.. there's that weird asian kid that makes those freakin' random commentary ... oO''
asian ? random commentary? o_o blacktowns ok i reckon but it takes too long to get a train there !

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
bobness said:
haha now how would you know .. do you go to either? :p

but yeh isn't it better that students from like the two top schools in nsw congregate there? it means your surrounded by an intelligent aura (possibly .. just possibly XP)
i, unfortunately (or maybe not), dont go baulko or JR. LOL but i know people from both to understand that parra lib is off the limit for ppl like me. :mad1:

they make u feel motivated in the short term, but utterly depressed in the long run. =)

[edit]: i think bobness goes baulko if i am not wrong.

@: shinji, yes that azn kid is weird. LOL

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
i, unfortunately (or maybe not), dont go baulko or JR. LOL but i know people from both to understand that parra lib is off the limit for ppl like me. :mad1:

they make u feel motivated in the short term, but utterly depressed in the long run. =)

[edit]: i think bobness goes baulko if i am not wrong.

@: shinji, yes that azn kid is weird. LOL
man baulko has the best modern history teacher ! ive been to one of his lectures. what azn kid are you talking about btw lol?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
haha
u know last time we went btown lib?
it is b4 u came.
this weird azn kid juz sit there reading every single newpaper there is in the whole lib. LOL!

well shinji (who is there right now. >_> )was laughing at him, i kept my face straight. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)