library (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
There's heaps of powerpoints in and around the biomed library, which is little wonder why at any one time there's like 100 laptops in that room

M@C D@DDY

HSC
just wondering do a lot of people use laptops in law classes... or any classes for that matter. I just don't want to be the only one in the room with one.. Also sounds like there are not too many powerpoints in the library

sunny

meh.
HSC
This is a question that comes up quite alot - there are people that use laptops, though its not common. Generally there isn't a need for it during lectures/tutorials.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
IS it usually hard to find a seat at the library during regular Uni time and exam periods?

M@C D@DDY said:
... I just don't want to be the only one in the room with one..
"...the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

gman03

HSC
bscienceboi said:
IS it usually hard to find a seat at the library during regular Uni time and exam periods?
Depending on the time of the day. Usually there will have desks with lots of book belonging to the person who is using the next desk. (i.e. 2 desks for one).

For normal seat, there is usually somewhere you can sit for magazine reading.

If you are looking to use the computer you can save it. People check their hotmales on the computer without shames. :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not everyday...only when I know I'll be doing work needing my laptop.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
If you think you will use it productively, then it may be an asset. If you are like some people I see, they watch movies in lectures, they you might (or might not) be better off without the laptop.

As for finding a seat during exam periods, its very hard. Usually if you get there before 10am, it shouldn't be too hard. After that it gets difficult, the library fills up. As for powerpoints, last time I went looking for two powerpoints (two laptops) and it took me ages to find. I gave up and ended up using battery power.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Laptops last for 4hrs these days. (Mine does anyway without wireless)

Tell me your not gonna study on ur laptop in the library for more than 4hrs...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Whoaaa 8 hours dude! lol, I doubt that I've seen a battery lasting that long. Lmao unless you're bringing two laptop batteries to uni.

Anyways, it's best to bring like loose sheets/exercise books [subject books like the ones u used at High school] + USB stick around 512 mbs.

I bought a laptop a couple of weeks ago just in case I need it for informative and heavy lectures. Just don't bring your laptop if you think that you can get most of the info by writing it on paper, since it is in a way heavy - 2.26kgs to 3kgs. Though if you can somehow get alot of lectures on the same day, say Monday then you can bring ur laptop just for Monday.

Capitalist

HSC
8hrs? Do you lug around a battery extender pack for that?

For first year Com/Law, a laptop is unnecessary. However, I have been told that in the higher years of law, when the work gets heavy, more people use laptops because they can be a real time saver.

As for myself, I'm using the family's tablet pc for the first few weeks of uni just to see if I need to buy one. I want to hold out as long as possible though, for the Windows-Vista ready laptops (i.e. higher specs) that should arrive later this year.

Last edited:

Vylen

HSC
if you have an MP3 player, feel free to use that as a usb drive.. most MP3 players are like that in any case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)