Life after suspension (1 Viewer)

qwerty0120

HSC
So I just received an email telling me that I am now officially suspended. I have a meeting with the dean on Thursday. Any suggestions on what I should do in this one year of suspension?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
So I just received an email telling me that I am now officially suspended. I have a meeting with the dean on Thursday. Any suggestions on what I should do in this one year of suspension?

Could you provide some context first?

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad

ah shit sorry mate, what happened?

qwerty0120

HSC
Sorry what sort of context are you looking for? I could say that my parents separated but to be fair that's not really why I failed so many subjects. I was not prepared for the workload of university and did not realise the importance of uni work until everything was too late.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry what sort of context are you looking for? I could say that my parents separated but to be fair that's not really why I failed so many subjects. I was not prepared for the workload of university and did not realise the importance of uni work until everything was too late.
lol I thought you killed someone or cheated lol. Why would they suspend you for a year if you failed, they should give you more subjects instead!

qwerty0120

HSC
haha guess I could suggest that to the dean, though the decision is final apparently and nothing could turn the tide around.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You must have failed quite a few units to be put on academic suspension... How many exactly?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
lol I thought you killed someone or cheated lol. Why would they suspend you for a year if you failed, they should give you more subjects instead!
It IS quite common actually (expelled for failing subjects).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
What degree is this for? I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you that this is pretty serious, I don't know if your gpa could ever recover from something like this...

qwerty0120

HSC
It's an engineering degree, and I could get back up on my feet if I get in the 80s range only for the next four or so years I think.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Maintaining 80+ marks consistently for the next four years will be very difficult unless you dramatically change your application to your studies. I really think you need to sit down with an academic adviser and have a look at your options.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
look for work experience preferably in engineering if you plan to stay in it or go on holidays for a year to clear your mind

fark never thought you could get suspended from uni

qwerty0120

HSC
I've thought about the option of work experience in an engineering field, but who would hire anyone who's been suspended from university even for free? I will definitely speak with an academic advisor and figure out all the options that lies before me.

Just a quick question though, am I going to get forever killed off by engineering companies once they see this record on my academic transcript?

Thanks beforehand.

Questionnaire

Banned
HSC
Can you really get suspended for failing units? I always thought the uni wouldn't so to obtain more money

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
It's an engineering degree, and I could get back up on my feet if I get in the 80s range only for the next four or so years I think.
gl lol

Can you really get suspended for failing units? I always thought the uni wouldn't so to obtain more money
what did you *just* read

I've thought about the option of work experience in an engineering field, but who would hire anyone who's been suspended from university even for free? I will definitely speak with an academic advisor and figure out all the options that lies before me.

Just a quick question though, am I going to get forever killed off by engineering companies once they see this record on my academic transcript?

Thanks beforehand.
idk you'd be surprised
it'd take some initiative but if you looked around and offered free help/bitch-boy-service to a v small engineer based start up business you might get some work who knows

or you could always drop out, clean slate it and reapply through uac and go to usyd or something hey

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
during the period where your parents separated, did you go see a counselor or professional at all? If you did, and they can provide documentation on how the issues you went through impacted your marks, you could have some of your results changed to DNF (discontinue not fail).

Otherwise, it's a suspension, so you can come back from it. Or if you're worried about your academic record, you can apply to study somewhere else instead and they'll never know about your past.

Also, if the workload is too much, there are options like doing uni part-time, or doing less subjects per semester than the norm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)