Life after uni? (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey

I do a science and arts double and currently my WAM is only ~72. This semester isn't going well and I don't think I'll be improving. So I'm having a quarter life crisis with what to do in the future. What jobs can I get from a mark like that? I guess I'm not really looking for an extravagant life style, I'm happy living simply.

Also, any exam stress/motivational tips would be appreciated ^_^

Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
Well first off, the jobs market doesnt work like school when it comes to marks - having a specific WAM isnt going to get you into a grad job like a specific ATAR would get you into certain courses. In most fields, marks are decreasing in importance when it comes to getting a graduate job. Focus on building your CV outside of uni, maybe that will bring you some happiness.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Well first off, the jobs market doesnt work like school when it comes to marks - having a specific WAM isnt going to get you into a grad job like a specific ATAR would get you into certain courses. In most fields, marks are decreasing in importance when it comes to getting a graduate job. Focus on building your CV outside of uni, maybe that will bring you some happiness.
Hmm... alright.. Well, I have a job but it's not at all related to the field I'm studying. I think it's getting my foot in the door that's hard. Currently, I have no experience in either of my degrees. So how would I get that practical experience when I have none at all?

Last edited:

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
that's a thing?

but yeah dw brah; focus on your studies not and do some extra curricular stuff and you should be alright :D
Oh it's a thing alright!
And extra curricular sounds good. It seems I'd need a big list to compensate for marks haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)