Life of Pi (1 Viewer)

<< rAsSiLa >>

HSC
hey all!

does anyone have any notes on the book "Life of Pi" BY YANN MARTEL, i wanna study it for imaginative journeys. if not notes than comments would be good :) if anyone does, it would be great to let me know. thank youuu!

pc4pc

HSC
BUMP.

studying it too. there's heaps of notes all over the net about the book and themes it brings up.. but anyone have anything relating it to journeys?

cheers.

enzyme

HSC
hello!
i just did an assessment task (speech) on imaginative journeys, using the ivory trail (bos stimulus booklet) and life of pi.
although i found heaps of information on the book itself, i found that linking it to journeys could only be done through my own knowledge of the text.
if its any help,although probably not,i talked about how pi uses his imagination to escape the turmoil of his experience in the lifeboat.
i also mention how characters are removed from their own context (thus provoking we the responders to consider our own), eg. pi leaving india for canada, but ending up in a lifeboat with 'animals', then an island etc (the whole shipwreck and island experience relates so well to the tempest :) ),he learned lessons about humanity, himself and the world, such as forgiveness... i talked about how richard parker and pi develop a complex relationship of understanding ('when your life has been given a reprieve,its impossible not to feel some warmth to the person to whom you owe that reprieve'...or something very similar),thus expanding pi's view of himself and the world (rubric...lol!).i did of course neglect to mention that pi kills and eats richard parker in the 'realistic' version of events...
its possible to make it fit your thesis.
yay!its such a great novel too.i loved it.

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
Im with you 2!

I have an english assignment due soon with IJ and our journey blah blah blah.
Im using Life of Pi and Dali's painting...

im looking for good journey notes for life of pi so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

:confused: can anyone help me then?

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
hey im doing life of pi like you.

did u end up finding any good info? if u did could u help a brother out in what direction i should be heading?
thanks thanks thanks!

fickletoe

HSC
its a good question... we dont actually find out definitely, or was i missing something when i read the book?
well, i thought because it was left up in the air, it added to the readers journey. HA

isabella-j

HSC
N/A
why dont you critically analyse the book
or check some essays online about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)