life skillls + counselling support- public, private, selective? (1 Viewer)

Charlotte00

HSC
I find this very interesting- My Mum teaches at a Private school and she has to put up with an awful lot of rubbish.

Some of the students are spoon fed, with some teachers giving 'study sessions' the day before the test- however, they actually have questions practically the same as whats on the test! (A pain for my Mum who doesn't spoon feed!)
Apparently, the drop out rate of students who go to Uni from private schools is increasing, because when they get to uni, they can't cope with the pressure of having to do certain tasks without being spoon fed.

However, this is definately not what all private schools are like :) Most are absolutely nothing like this.

The only realy difference between private and public is that private has nicer grounds and facilities. Last year it was 50:50 as to private/public students who got over 90.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I find this very interesting- My Mum teaches at a Private school and she has to put up with an awful lot of rubbish.

Some of the students are spoon fed, with some teachers giving 'study sessions' the day before the test- however, they actually have questions practically the same as whats on the test! (A pain for my Mum who doesn't spoon feed!)
Apparently, the drop out rate of students who go to Uni from private schools is increasing, because when they get to uni, they can't cope with the pressure of having to do certain tasks without being spoon fed.

However, this is definately not what all private schools are like :) Most are absolutely nothing like this.

The only realy difference between private and public is that private has nicer grounds and facilities. Last year it was 50:50 as to private/public students who got over 90.
Your last sentence is quite true. However, I believe that most comprehensive state schools have very decent if not better facilities for students as well. The facilities in one school shouldn't put off a family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)