Lifting device assignment help (1 Viewer)

morty87

hey guys hows it going

i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas they can help me through with my lifting device module assignment. Basically we have to make a lifting device which works by the wind blown at it from a household fan 30 cm away from it. Our device must ultimately lift up a minimum amount of 50 grams from the ground 1/2 metre up. It can pretty much be anything i like but i can't use a counter weight, i know it sounds a bit confusing so this thread is really to those of people who have done something similar to this before. any help would be much appreciated.

thnx in advanced

richz

nope no idea, we arent up to this topic. This thread is very quiet, i can see u had to make a new thread. :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You'll need something to harvest the wind power. Start with a propeller or similar which will wind the string to lift the weight up and try to build a frame around that.

morty87

hey thnx alot for the idea, in fact that was pretty much what i had in mind, i was wondering on what material and design i should use for the fan propelar since it's a pretty important part of the device so does anyone have any ideas on what design i should use to gain maximum efficiency and still keep the fan light and not to heavy, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thnx

morty87

hey guys, i've sort of got an idea of what i want it to look like, this is a quick design i did in paint brush but u get the idea. Does anyone have any suggestions for the fan propellar design, i need it to be light, and easy to spin

steeve

SteeVe
HSC
Maybe implement some kind of gear / pulley system to gain a higher velocity ratio so u can lift something heavier.

I guess u can always make the stick that the propeller is connected to thicker in diameter to produce more torque.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)