Likelihood of... (1 Viewer)

savio23q

Band
HSC
Before receiving my HSC results yesterday I thought I would do very averagely. I always thought I would do average i.e. 75-84 UAI which led me to consider fairly low UAI courses and neglect anything above 90. After receiving my results yesterday morning, I was absolutely stoked and started looking at 90+ courses. I took a liking to physiotherapy at USYD and possibly commerce at USYD. They both had a cut-off of 96.25 and 94.3 respectively which is just above what I got. The calculators slightly overestimated my UAI, predicting 94.55 and 94.05. My actual UAI was 93.30.

My question is, what is the likelihood of me getting into either course? Is there a chance of flexibility on behalf of USYD or maybe the cut-off will be lowered? Does anyone know anyone that got in with lower UAIs or anything?

Any help will be appreciated. :)

spence

HSC
Lots of courses let people in with UAIs below the cutoffs, and its really hard to tell what the cutoffs are going to be, so you have a chance

savio23q

Band
HSC
Could EAS bonus points for a disadvantaged school help in getting me either spot?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
savio23q said:
Could EAS bonus points for a disadvantaged school help in getting me either spot?
Yes. So try to change your preferences and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)