Likes/Dislikes about UNSW (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
I have a weird question.. What time does it Uni start and is it the same for everyone? If not what's the start time for Med and what time do people generally leave just out of interest xD
It isn't like school where you have 9-3. Most people have a different timetable (unless you choose the exact same times as someone else). You make your own timetable according to the UNSW Class Timetable options. You might start at 8am or start at 1pm. You might finish at 12pm or finish at 8pm. It's up to how you make your timetable, and how fast you can get the good times. For the larger subjects, there are usually different time slots so it can be flexible.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
what do you dislike about them though? because they keep to themselves generally.
Think about it in terms of 'ambiance'.

I love sitting in English lectures because...

well, you can figure that out

HSC
It isn't like school where you have 9-3. Most people have a different timetable (unless you choose the exact same times as someone else). You make your own timetable according to the UNSW Class Timetable options. You might start at 8am or start at 1pm. You might finish at 12pm or finish at 8pm. It's up to how you make your timetable, and how fast you can get the good times. For the larger subjects, there are usually different time slots so it can be flexible.
Ohh Wow, Didn't even know you could choose your own Timetable options! Thanks :D

barbernator

HSC
Likewise.

But seriously, you'll understand soon enough.
a. I don't plan on doing arts
b. I am picking subjects because I enjoy them
c. I am a normal sociable person who talks to girls
d. I will lose my virginity before I am 40
e. Looking at girls and having a girlfriend are two entirely different things
f. This is not a multiple choice test as all these statements are correct

Lucas_

HSC
a. I don't plan on doing arts
b. I am picking subjects because I enjoy them
c. I am a normal sociable person who talks to girls
d. I will lose my virginity before I am 40
e. Looking at girls and having a girlfriend are two entirely different things
f. This is not a multiple choice test as all these statements are correct
Sorry shadowdude but you got owned hard lolol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
edit: owned?

how so

he said pretty much nothing other than "i don't plan on doing arts"

the other stuff is just based on assumptions and contradicts things

Last edited:

figsan

HSC
N/A
According to http://www.international.unsw.edu.au/why-unsw/australias-1st-international-university/ we have 52,000 students currently studying at UNSW including over 11,000 international students, from 120 countries.
Hey thank you! :) Also, will I be provided as to which subjects/courses I am supposed to take for the first semester? I am a bit confused because as I've seen in the handbook, I should be taking 3 core subjects. The thing is, in my offer letter, I got transfer credits for two of the 3 subjects. Soo.. I don't know.

twistedrebel

HSC
The further up Foveaux street the better

Nah it should be great

A basement asian is someone who is generally of the "geekier" type. They often browse such places as reddit and 9gag. Most of their conversations are about video games, memes or how terrible they are. Their mannerisms are superbly annoying and they have a distinct disregard for the mental health of those around them. Trust me, you'll know the type if you come across it. The term does not necessarily pertain specifically to those of asian heritage. In fact, the group I was referring to is primarily white.

You can check out your subjects at the UNSW handbook: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/2013/index.html
will pass this onto albert and michael.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
What I meant by living 15 minutes away from UNSW was a 15 minute walk away from UNSW. Still takes me 20 minutes by bus to get to the city. ;P

i maintain that talent context was a fix
No idea if it was a fix or not. I'm just glad that they chose talented winners, although the second and third place winners are questionable.

inJust

HSC
Why is UNSW gym so expensive... do not understand.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
money making :(

I remember I was with friends at the International Office and we saw all these US universities with free gym. And general consensus from us was: "WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THAT?!"

HSC
Uni Grad
money making :(

I remember I was with friends at the International Office and we saw all these US universities with free gym. And general consensus from us was: "WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THAT?!"
But at the expense of having a 40K debt per year....

Anyway, it's $715, including the use of the pool and everything around the gym. It's not that bad imo, and whats more is that the ppl there are quite good to be with (Y)

inJust

HSC
I'm on a budget so I have no money!!!!!!

Can't they just let me use the gym and that's it. I don't need all this fancy smacy stuff!!

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm on a budget so I have no money!!!!!!

Can't they just let me use the gym and that's it. I don't need all this fancy smacy stuff!!
Is it $85 dollars per month? My school one was 100 dollars a year but it was pretty basic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)