LimeWire.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
is it dangerous..like could i easily get viruses, i used to use it and never got any viruses at all and all the songs i dowloaded are fine..but mum wont let me use it anymore because some computer man told her its bad..??

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
The computer man was correct. Downloading songs is a breach of copyright and could see you fined thousands of dollars (with a maximum penalty of a gaol sentence).

All sorts of nasties can come with those programs too, and I suggest you do not use it in future :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
the man is a fool. Its only dangerous if u get cuaght. use in moderation and download proper files and you and your computer will be safe

santaslayer

HSC
Not all files are illegal. There are SOME legit files.
Going on the internet alone is dangerous. :p

MedNez

HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
the man is a fool. Its only dangerous if u get cuaght. use in moderation and download proper files and you and your computer will be safe
Is that like saying robbing a bank in broad daylight and killing people is only dangerous if the police manage to catch you ? ;)

HSC
public domain and songs composed by yourself are allowed to be distributed...So no, its not like that because robbing a bank is still robbing a bank :p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
MedNez, can you honestly say that you've never downloaded anything illegally?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Correct. Just don't infringe copyright and you'll be ok. There are however substantial errors that seem to stem from Limewire, if you seek to use that kind of software, perhaps another choice would be preferred.

santaslayer

HSC
MedNez said:
Correct. Just don't infringe copyright and you'll be ok. There are however substantial errors that seem to stem from Limewire, if you seek to use that kind of software, perhaps another choice would be preferred.
What other software do you recommend? :p

Oh yea, I don't think you've directly answered Calculon's question yet. LoLz.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
errr....princess i dont think ne1 can help u cos i doubt ne1's gonna admit on a public board that they use limewire..

and no limewire is extremely safe these days. it will ask u to delete corrupt files sometimes/ also in order to avoid dling files with virus/trojans, u have to noe which file to dl. ie a movie file thats less than a MB looks VERY suspicious.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
But you are a communist, as per my thread exposing your autobiography. Now answer my question.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
morpheus is my second choice behind limewire.
from much use of limewire i can tell the viruses from the real ones. even better just dont download any zip files... or if u do scan it before you open it. other than that its fine.

there are too many programs, taking over napster and kazaa wont do shit.

id actually use a program not download of the internet, pages can contain hidden shit, especially those which you download stuff like mp3s, emulators+roms etc etc..
usually you have to download their 'software' to download their files. this software is always full of spyware, if not it is spyware. usually its stuff like gator you download so that you can 'download their files'

ZacZ

HSC
Bah, i use limewire and i download songs, i have about 15gigs of music, i dont see anybody giving me a fine.

santaslayer

HSC
ZacZ said:
Bah, i use limewire and i download songs, i have about 15gigs of music, i dont see anybody giving me a fine.
MedNez could always be a bad ass and send your IP to the police. :p

MedNez

HSC
N/A
You people just don't get it. Searching google for "pirated goods" or "links to illegal material" brings up BOS as the first result, due to these discussions. It is detrimental to where we want the site to go, and this discussion will be closed. It gives anyone with a good search term the idea that we are something we are not.

BOS does not, and will not endorse the promotion of illegal material (in accordance with Australian Law). This is a free website, and if you feel the need to continually break the law, and do not like our stance on upholding this, then please go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)