limit to drop to general maths (1 Viewer)

thewiseman

HSC
Hi,
Just asking when is the cutoff to drop from 2-unit to general maths? I'm in year 12 and doing 2-unit, though I'm not too great in it. I've heard that I can drop down to general maths up till trials given I complete all assignment/exams in general. Anyone has any idea on this? Got 2 different opinions from 2 teachers. Thanks! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Most schools allow you to drop down to General Mathematics up till trials.

astroman

HSC
You can drop until trials, but drop earlier the better. Both courses are vastly different and you will have to learn a lot.

swagmeister

HSC
My friend dropped right before trials, and somehow ended up beating me overall in the HSC.

Sure he got a bit lucky with what the exam assessed but you can get away with dropping late.

Personally, I dropped right before year 11 yearlies.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
My friend dropped right before trials, and somehow ended up beating me overall in the HSC.

Sure he got a bit lucky with what the exam assessed but you can get away with dropping late.

Personally, I dropped right before year 11 yearlies.
Dayum impressive marks dude, I'm going to reference you now every time someone asks if they can get a good atar with general maths :lol:

swagmeister

HSC
Dayum impressive marks dude, I'm going to reference you now every time someone asks if they can get a good atar with general maths :lol:
Thanks man!

Yeah I reckon without dropping to general my ATAR would have only been around 97. It was a strategic decision cause it meant I wouldn't have to do any maths homework outside of class at all so I could bring english up (only got a 92 exam mark but still in prelim I was getting 60s on assessments so I'm happy)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)