Line of Best fit (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
How do you know when you need to draw a curved line of best fit. Sometimes it seems like you could do both and it still matches. Usually I try to draw a line of best fit straight and then if my gut feeling tells me its curved then i do it curved. But is there any way to know for sure?

Drsoccerball

HSC
How do you know when you need to draw a curved line of best fit. Sometimes it seems like you could do both and it still matches. Usually I try to draw a line of best fit straight and then if my gut feeling tells me its curved then i do it curved. But is there any way to know for sure?
If you feel as though more results are curving then are straight then do a curve. Usually in a line of best fit only a few points arn't on the line. So i guess if you can't get more than 40% of the dots on the line do a curve.

Mr_Kap

HSC
wtf there are curved lines of best fit?!
If you want a question where you have to draw a curved line of best fit HSC 2007 Q16(a).

However you realise it is curved fairly easily when you realise that the graph must start at zero and no points will fit on a straight line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)