Link to english? (1 Viewer)

limerica

HSC
So I've just started ee2 and I have no idea where to start or what to do, but my teacher really want me to continue with a concept I established in a short story last term. Apparently your major work has to be linked to something you have done in english, is this true? If yes, then to what extent do you have to make that connection? Because I would much rather prefer to choose something of personal interest than what she is pushing me to do.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, you have to link your story back somehow to what you've done before. It's Extension English, meaning you have to extend your understanding and learning of something you've done in Advanced, or Extension 1, and form a major work from it.

Now, in reality, most people do what they want and then use very creative methods to link back what they did to something, anything, from their HSC or Preliminary English coursework.

So I'd suggest you do the same. Do what you want to do, and then link it back to something.

Now you might be very lucky, I know for me, something I did in Extension 1 English was the basis for my Major Work - so it was very easy for me to link back to my previous English work.

Of course, at the end of it, you have to explain the link in your Reflection Statement. You can read mine here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=275546

Good luck!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh do what you want and then be creative in linking it in. That's what I did. Linked it to ATB (EE1) I'm pretty sure.

Also food for thought-markers don't know what school you are from, you can link it to modules you didn't do ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)