N/A
ubuntu when windows fucks up

and backtrack4 for hacking

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
.... oh god

You sir are an idiot. Ubuntu is the most basic distribution available. It's defiantly not the most secure and is not the quickest.

@youngmini

Higher user base != more secure.

+ first post. :hippie:
Okay then almighty newby to the forums... please do enlighten us of your wisdom and intellectualism on the topic of Linux Distributions... Why is it the most basic (and which is besy/why)?...

Have you ever used any linux distribution? I highly doubt you even have.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
ubuntu, cause that was the only thing i had when windows decided to dc my internet T.T
Okay then almighty newby to the forums... please do enlighten us of your wisdom and intellectualism on the topic of Linux Distributions... Why is it the most basic (and which is besy/why)?...

Have you ever used any linux distribution? I highly doubt you even have.
Almost - it's totally there and functional though... I've had to use it a few times personally for more advanced computing with installments and internet settings (VPN and other arrangements).
lol...........................................

HSC
Going back to Ubuntu now, I had to use Windows because I needed Visual Basic for school but now that's over, no need for it anymore

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh dear God
Isn't is better to find more vulnerabilities anyway... so they can be fixed. I bet if there was a userbase as large as linux ubuntu for OpenSUSE, then you'd probably end up with more problems found in it.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Isn't is better to find more vulnerabilities anyway... so they can be fixed. I bet if there was a userbase as large as linux ubuntu for OpenSUSE, then you'd probably end up with more problems found in it.
alalalalalalalala your reasoning is completely wrong. its not better to fix security vulnerabilities but the bugs which cause them, which is the better approach and the one that openbsd adopts with their code auditing process. security holes are just those that have been fallen through and gone unnoticed.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
alalalalalalalala your reasoning is completely wrong. its not better to fix security vulnerabilities but the bugs which cause them, which is the better approach and the one that openbsd adopts with their code auditing process. security holes are just those that have been fallen through and gone unnoticed.
What operating system did you say you used?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
eck. That's got more holes than swiss cheese.
no it doesn't, its the best operating system out there - even better than ubuntu imo. first off, its way better than its predecessor, windows 95. secondly, its supported with security updates and everything up till next year, which is when they're gonna release windows 7.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Windows 7 was released Yesterday or the day before if I remember correctly...

It's out already. 2000s predecessor was 98 and it was better.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Windows 7 was released Yesterday or the day before if I remember correctly...

It's out already. 2000s predecessor was 98 and it was better.
oh noesss that voids my whole post, whatever shall i do

but seriously, windows 2000 is the best operating system out there. it even has internet explorer built in. microsoft said it was 'the most secure browser out there' as well.

politik

HSC
almost - it's totally there and functional though... I've had to use it a few times personally for more advanced computing with installments and internet settings (vpn and other arrangements).
advanced computing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)