Lip Piercings (1 Viewer)

Carnivour

HSC
I just got my lip pierced, and I was wondering if anyone who has had it done knows what is the best way to look after it? What is the best mouth wash to use, etc? Should I use those alcohol wipes?

The guy who did it was really young (and really hot), and I think pretty unexperienced (judging from the fact that my friends could see his hands shaking from across the room), so he didnt tell me ANYTHING about how to care for it or anything like that.

Plus, I was too preoccupied with the fact that his lips weren't a cm away from mine and he was the hottest on the planet.

So, can anyone offer me any help on after how to look after it, or any other tips?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm seeing someone who's had one done tomorrow, I'll ask her.

Carnivour

HSC
haha omg, im really not making any sense at all tonight. i fully misread what you said. disregard my last post hahah

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Firstly, although he was really hawt, find a more experienced and reputable piercer :eek:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
{Justin}{Officially a fag} says:
oh and i have someone asking me what kinda shit one needs to do to care for a lip piercing
that theyve just gotten
Charlie says:
lol
Charlie says:
nothing really
Charlie says:
just let it heal
Charlie says:
thats all
Charlie says:
i didnt do anything
Charlie says:
oh
Charlie says:
dettol
no soaking, cleaning anything?
Charlie says:
thats it
Charlie says:
like mouth wash
Charlie says:
and normal good dental hyigene and its fine
Charlie says:
but dont over do the mouth wash
Charlie says:
and dilute it
Charlie says:
cos if too strong itll kill the like heal cells or soemthing
Charlie says:
and wont heal

Carnivour

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Firstly, although he was really hawt, find a more experienced and reputable piercer

Well, yeah I was thinking that when the metal pliars in my lips were shaking like crazy.

But, it wasnt like a seedy place at all, it was the only one where I was anyway (Forster). It was a fully licenced tattoo/pierci ng parlour. I wasnt really to know :(
Hmmm..maybe I should have waited till I got back to newy :(

Last edited:

Carnivour

HSC
withoutaface said:
Charlie says:
but dont over do the mouth wash
Charlie says:
and dilute it
Charlie says:
cos if too strong itll kill the like heal cells or soemthing
Charlie says:
and wont heal

haha cool I see. And here I was thinking Dettol will be my best friend for the next month.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
go back and ask? or ask a chemist? ..maybe they wouldn't know that kind of thing..but..they might haha

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
If you're going to use mouthwash, make sure it's non-alcoholic. Listerine = BAD.

The best thing to do is mix sea salt and warm water and wash your mouth out with that a couple of times a day. Dip a cotton bud in the mixture and clean around the outside with it. You'll need to keep it up for a couple of weeks.

Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, kissing, swimming pools and touching it with dirty fingers.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
when i went to get my lip pierced, i had to rinse my mouth out with Listerine.
after it was done, i got told to rinse my mouth daily with listerine to clean the inside, and to clean the outside with either some spray stuff that my tattooist/piercer sells, or alcohol wipes.
i used alcohol wipes, as i can get them for free.

also, dont indulge in any extreme pash fests, try not to fiddle with it too much (its hard to play with something thats inside ones mouth.

but yeah, after one gets pierced/tattooed, they should ALWAYS get information on how to care for it.
well, i always do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)