Liquid paper on multiple choice? (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Can the marking system/machine detect liquid paper? I used liquid paper cos the examiners told me to, but the instructions said nothing bout liquid paper.

Is liquid paper allowed to be used in the multiple choice section?

Hao368

HSC
actually..our supervisors specifically said not to use liquid paper during geo/history because some people did for maths and they said the computer will detect it..

serendipityy

HSC
Paradox1345 said:
Can the marking system/machine detect liquid paper? I used liquid paper cos the examiners told me to, but the instructions said nothing bout liquid paper.

um im not sure
on the test it said to cross it
then colour the right one with an arrow saying correct
mmm i dont know if the computer would detect it as your answer

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox1345 said:

I think it will... your meant to just cross it out im pretty sure as others have said

If its any consolation, your first answer is usually the correct one.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
I think it will... your meant to just cross it out im pretty sure as others have said

If its any consolation, your first answer is usually the correct one.
No!!!!!!

I liquid papered on the correct/incorrect maths question. so the computer will recognise it as all the circles being circled!!!! Arg!!!!

I'm going to sue them!!! What can I do?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox1345 said:
No!!!!!!

I liquid papered on the correct/incorrect maths question. so the computer will recognise it as all the circles being circled!!!! Arg!!!!

I'm going to sue them!!! What can I do?
not a whole lot, take it easy, if its multiple choice its only worth one mark.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
why dont you just cross it out.
easier.
I couldn't, can't remember now, but I think I kept on changing the answers so I had to use liquid paper.

Anyone help? Should I call the school now and tell them about it?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox1345 said:
I couldn't, can't remember now, but I think I kept on changing the answers so I had to use liquid paper.

Anyone help? Should I call the school now and tell them about it?
lol, it dosnt work like that. 'oh, i forgot all the right answers to the question.... but i know them now! can i change them please?'

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
not a whole lot, take it easy, if its multiple choice its only worth one mark.
I did it at the maths "correct/incorrect" section and used liquid paper in all the circles of one question ( think it was 78). That means 4 marks lost! And I also used liquid paper in my other tests, at least 3 times.

Cos the EXAMINER TOLD ME TO!!! I specifically asked and they said "use white out".

studentcheese

HSC
It won't work if you call the school. They have probably already sent it in. The machine will reject your paper with liquid paper. One of the supervisors said that the machine just gives a zero if liquid paper or scribbles are put on the paper. On the good side of things, maybe she was just making bull up to scare us. :D my grade is so naive, lol.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox1345 said:
I did it at the maths "correct/incorrect" section and used liquid paper in all the circles of one question ( think it was 78). That means 4 marks lost! And I also used liquid paper in my other tests, at least 3 times.

Cos the EXAMINER TOLD ME TO!!! I specifically asked and they said "use white out".
look, its shit go, but you really cannot do anything. I mean, u could complain about the marker and get them fired if you really complain, but thats about it.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
lol, it dosnt work like that. 'oh, i forgot all the right answers to the question.... but i know them now! can i change them please?'
lol you don't understand. I've circled the correct answers on the sheet. Its all there in blue ink. I just used liquid paper to white out the incorrect answers.

A human would know which one is my final answer but a machine? Does it know the difference between liquid paper and a blue pen? Is it designed to?

HSC
yeah..the test said to cross it out..

then if u thought the crossed out one was correct..

you write correct with an arror..

keenith

HSC
cant you ask for a new sheet if it comes to using liquid paper??? i did for his/geo

and it tells how to do it on every test o_O

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
studentcheese said:
It won't work if you call the school. They have probably already sent it in. The machine will reject your paper with liquid paper. One of the supervisers said that the machine just gives a zero if liquid paper or scribbles are put on the paper. On the good side of things, maybe she was just making bull up to scare us. :D my grade is so naive, lol.
No!!!!! zero? ZERO? I can't get zero!!!! ARgh!!!!!! And I did so good in the test!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Paradox1345 said:
lol you don't understand. I've circled the correct answers on the sheet. Its all there in blue ink. I just used liquid paper to white out the incorrect answers.

A human would know which one is my final answer but a machine? Does it know the difference between liquid paper and a blue pen? Is it designed to?
i get what you mean, but the fact is, you cannot make any changes to your exam paper after the exam time is up so theres no point in telling the school cuz they cant do anything about it.

I dunno if its marked by a machine or not, it is in hsc so yea, just relax, ur exams are over. 4 marks isnt that much.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
on the phone now. talking to board of studies, *fingers crossed* come on!!

Pump4393

HSC
theyre worth a quarter of a mark so its actually two marks.. well, they were in the trial. im not sure about in the real thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)