Listening Assessment Task modelled after the unseen section of Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

tarnished

HSC
N/A
As the title suggests, I have an English Adv. Assessment Task coming up and it's modelled after the Unseen section of Paper 1: AoS. Except there's a twist - it's a listening task.

Basically, due to BoS requirements, the school has to assess us on "listening" and "representing" so they've merged it into an Assessment Task marked out of 20. This is what it's like:

Students are shown a clip from a movie/TV show that has aspects of Belonging (i.e. last year they showed an excerpt from Jane Campion's "The Piano"). The 10-15 min clip is shown twice, with a two minute interval - students can make notes during the showing of the clip but CANNOT answer the questions themselves. Then, the students have approx. forty minutes (I think?) to answer the questions.

The questions are divided up into two sections. The first is out of 10 and is VERY much like the unseen section of Paper 1 except it's only on one text AND it only assesses listening (i.e. questions such as "How does the director use soundtrack to explore the relationship between Belonging and the home?").

The second section, also out of 10, is a creative task based off the clip. Usually they ask students to "write a memoir in the perspective of Ada (the female protagonist). Discuss her feelings towards New Zealand in relation to the convept of Belonging" or something along those lines.

Obviously, no knowledge of the prescribed texts are required for this task.

What should I do to prepare for this assessment? Any advice? Also, what should I plan to do on the day? Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)