Listening task (1 Viewer)

Tazayneem

HSC
So for our half yearly exams, we have to listen to a song and analyse how change is presented in it.. We only get to listen to the actual song twice and that's all.. I'm really bad at getting this so do any of you guys have any tips which may help me in a listening task?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There are a few things you should consider
1)make sure before the assessment task, you thoroughly understand the requirements of the task-i.e. roughly how long the aural text will be-ask your teacher, how many times will it be played, and how much time you have to make notes and what is the duration of your assessment. If there is any time before listening to the text, look at the questions beforehand and when listening, keep those questions in mind when you are jotting down your notes-

2)if possible, note down the title of the text and author, write down significant quotes that relates to belonging very well-don't worry too much about picking out techniques when you are listening, you can do that in the exam once you get the quotes down

3)depending on how many times you can listen to it, try to get a general feel for what the text is roughly about-I know this can be challenging if you are trying to write down quotes at the same time-i.e. your notes should help you answer the question-don't try to copy the entire text-just write down the relevant stuff. Make sure you don't repeat anything in your answer and your answer is answering only what the question is asking, not what you think the question is asking-read the question several times if you need it-highlight key words-answer ALL parts of the question

4)before you start writing your answers, you must take some time either using paper or mentally organise your answer and make some quick plans so your answers are logical and coherent

Hope this helps and all the best for your upcoming listening task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)