Literary Theory/Approaches? (1 Viewer)

blackall46

HSC
Hi there,

I've been a long time forum skimmer, but decided to join up. Perhaps because I'm in a little bit of a problem at the moment.

We're doing TS Eliot and his poetry for an uncoming assment, and we have to answer: "What ways of reading can be applied to Eliot's poetry? Discuss at least one of his poems, using two ways/approaches."

I've put myself down for existentialism, but I'm really struggling for another, and way to apply it. I was thinking along the lines of Marxism/Feminism or even Post-moderism, but that's a touch too broad IMO.

So I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position, has been there, or has any ideas that can assist me in my analysis.

Cheers! :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I did T.S Eliot last year. hold on, let me go find my notes on it, and I'll be back :)

just off the top of my head, there is a whole range of different readings and analyses you could put to each of the different poems. especially in this module, you just have to show how the techniques assist you to put forth that reading.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Ok attached to this post is a brief summary of three of T.S Eliot's poems. They are not that great, and clearly do not have enough detail as is required for this module but I'm sure it'll help you get off to a start at least. If you have anymore specific questions about context/readings/techniques in regards to a named poem for example then just ask :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)