Little help? (1 Viewer)

Aeriff

HSC
I'm currently a prelim student going into my HSC year (2009), and I decided it's time to really have a think about where I want to go in life. That being said, which uni/which course I wanted to do was one of the major things that has been on my mind.

I always had intentions to do IT say UTS/UoW, however I'm in a bit of a predicament. Just recently I dropped Mathematics to do Gen. maths instead due to my poor marks (long story, basically a poor teacher leading to lack of interest/effort on my part). In looking at the IT degree sections on the websites of both UTS and UoW, they all assume Mathematics.. this is where I'm stuck.

Have I completely closed the door on myself, or can I do anything at all? My best option is to obviously get the best marks/UAI possible.. but I need to know I haven't completely fucked myself over in changing classes.

If it helps, my HSC subjects are (or rather, will be very shortly): Advanced English, General Maths, Studies of Religion I, Drama, Modern History and SDD.

All help/advice is appreciated.:worried:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Assumed doesn't mean you can't do a course. It simply means that they wont teach you the material in detail, as they assume you have already covered it.

So, if you want to still do IT at UTS/UoW, then go for it.

If you get accepted into that particular course at UTS/UoW and find yourself having trouble, then just make sure you study a bit harder.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Aeriff said:
I'm currently a prelim student going into my HSC year (2009), and I decided it's time to really have a think about where I want to go in life. That being said, which uni/which course I wanted to do was one of the major things that has been on my mind.

I always had intentions to do IT say UTS/UoW, however I'm in a bit of a predicament. Just recently I dropped Mathematics to do Gen. maths instead due to my poor marks (long story, basically a poor teacher leading to lack of interest/effort on my part). In looking at the IT degree sections on the websites of both UTS and UoW, they all assume Mathematics.. this is where I'm stuck.

Have I completely closed the door on myself, or can I do anything at all? My best option is to obviously get the best marks/UAI possible.. but I need to know I haven't completely fucked myself over in changing classes.

If it helps, my HSC subjects are (or rather, will be very shortly): Advanced English, General Maths, Studies of Religion I, Drama, Modern History and SDD.

All help/advice is appreciated.:worried:
If you choose uow you will be fine with general mathematics, as long as u dont do the engineering maths that is equivalent like i did lol (passed it but was difficult) but rather do the maths that is for IT students.

Aeriff

HSC
Thanks for the help.. I guess I should be fine if I do study hard and catch it up.. there's always bridging courses anyway, right?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Aeriff said:
Thanks for the help.. I guess I should be fine if I do study hard and catch it up.. there's always bridging courses anyway, right?
yep there are bridging courses available.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)