Little Shop of Horrors (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It's the moment you've all been waiting for! The NUTS musical for 2005 is here!

Tuesday to Saturday Weeks 10 and 11 (this week and next week in other words) in the Fig Tree Theatre. You'll see us wandering around campus in navy blue little shop shirts :D. We'd love you to come along, and for the college kids out there, Wednesday night is College night, you guys get $2 off your ticket.

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Opens May 10 at the Fig Tree Theatre
Music and lyrics by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken.
Based on Roger Corman’s film.
Directed by Daniel McCusker
NSW University Theatrical Society (NUTS) presents the ever-popular Broadway smash musical Little Shop Of Horrors for a strictly limited season at the Fig Tree Theatre from May 10 until May 21.
The musical is based around a bumbling yet loveable hero, Seymour. Things turn awry at Mushnick’s Flower Shop when Seymour brings in an exotic plant named Audrey II. This plant proves to be more than our hero bargained for with a devilish appetite for humans. NUTS is about to bring the cult musical to life again, this time reworking the boy-meets-girl-then-plant-eats-everything musical for a modern audience.
Little Shop of Horrors has become inundated with accolades and awards since its development from Roger Corman’s low budget cult film. The late Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney’s Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid), developed the script into the celebrated, morbid and wickedly satisfying musical, which received both the New York Drama Critics Circle and Evening Standard Awards for Best Musical. Since then it has further been cemented into everyone’s hearts when it was bought to life through the Warner Brothers film with renowned actors Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Steve Martin, Bill Murray and John Candy coming on board.
Daniel McCusker directs the production and rather than it serve as a tribute to the hit film and Broadway productions Daniel aims to “capture the essence of what worked in the original, whilst working to our own strengths today”. The result is a dark and twisted fairytale which Daniel says has “the same elements of schlock-horror satire and 60s influenced music, but moving away from the 80s era inspired production towards our changed sense of aesthetics in the new millennium.” Daniel has been involved in NUTS and fringe theatre since his departure from high school. Little Shop of Horrors marks his 45th production, his third directorial effort, his eighth musical and his first direction of a musical.

Season Dates: May 10 - 21, 2005
Fig Tree Theatre, UNSW, Gate 4, High St, Kensington.
Tuesday – Saturday, 8pm
Tickets: $15 and $13 Concession
Bookings: www.nuts.org.au

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
have you got any info about the pulp fiction show?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Only if you promise to come to Little Shop too. :p

It's in Studio One, finishes this Saturday night- I'm not entirely sure about ticket prices, cause it's not a NUTS show. But its basically an adaptation of the film, all the reports ive heard of it have been excellent, well worth seeing.

B

Bambul

Saw Little Shop last night (and Pulp Fiction on Monday). I enjoyed both very much. They are still on every night till Saturday night at 8:00PM in Studio One/Fig Tree Theatre. I highly encourage people to go see one or both of them!

I can't get that theme song out of my head: "Little Shop - Little Shop of Horrors - Little Shop"...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Hah, I saw you at Little Shop Bambul....

And you think that song is in *your* head.... :eek:. Actually, more like "Suddenly Seymour.. is coming inside me... don't need no condom, cause I'm on the piiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllll" etc.

COME SEE LITTLE SHOP.

I was going to go see pulp with everyone else on Monday night but I had too much work. stoopid uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)