Lives not saved (1 Viewer)

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think we should support natural selection. Let people do whatever they want and if they die then that's their problem.
But the thing is, they kill other people, not themselves. Most of the time the driver walks away, and it's the passengers or complete strangers who are killed.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
But the thing is, they kill other people, not themselves. Most of the time the driver walks away, and it's the passengers or complete strangers who are killed.
Most of the time it isn't complete strangers because they are usually running into trees, poles, walls etc. I do agree that a lot of the time it is the passengers that are being killed but I would argue that it is still natural selection. If you get into a car with a crazy P plater or unsupervised L plater you are a moron.

I have no problem with measures to stop people killing complete strangers but passenger restrictions do not help do that in any way.

jimmayyy

HSC
isnt anyone listening? the red p plater wasn't driving. her L plater friend was. this has nothing to do with p plate restrictions.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I'm not saying anyone deserved what happened, but the passengers would have known about the new laws too. They got in the car knowing that the driver wasn't suppose to have that number of passengers. They aren't without at least some responsibility.
The driver was a learner, they have never been allowed to drive unsupervised. The new laws are completely irrelevant.

jimmayyy

HSC
^thank you! this has nothing to do with p plate laws. the girl that died was a p plater, but she wasnt driving at the time. ffs get your facts straight people

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
But guys i thought the new laws would stop this from happening
Moral fallacy...:
- It ought be the case that if some action, A, should be performed then it will be performed
- However, you can't maintain that the fact that the action should be performed entails that it will be performed

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
unfortunately the majority of drivers on the road get their licence from the bottom of wheaties boxes! Do all p platers just forget the road rules when they are given a licence or is it just ignorance??

iamsickofyear12

HSC
William_Lawry said:
Do all p platers just forget the road rules when they are given a licence or is it just ignorance??
Road rules have nothing to do with it. Everyone breaks the rules constantly. Breaking the rules doesn't necessarily mean you are driving dangerously and are going to crash. I speed and don't follow the road rules and I am a very safe driver.

It's not about speed or the number of passengers or displaying p plates outside the car.... it's just common sense. Some older drivers have it because they have been driving for so long (although many still don't) but for some reason a lot of p platers just don't get it. I know that I can safely speed in particular areas when it is dry and there is no one around but I also know when it is raining or there is traffic I can't. For some reason a lot of people (particularly p platers) can't see the difference.

jimmayyy

HSC
William_Lawry said:
unfortunately the majority of drivers on the road get their licence from the bottom of wheaties boxes! Do all p platers just forget the road rules when they are given a licence or is it just ignorance??
you are a fucking halfwit. it was NOT A P PLATER WHO WAS DRIVING THIS CAR.

it was an inexperienced L plater driving in bad conditions on a notorious corner of road under the supervision of a drunk red p plater.

fucking imbeciles.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
i wasnt referring to the article you sook! anyways id still classify p platers as inexperienced, any more bright ideas moron? And the article does refer to road rules mainly because the stupid l plater should have realised they cant drive with a p plater

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Road rules have nothing to do with it. Everyone breaks the rules constantly. Breaking the rules doesn't necessarily mean you are driving dangerously and are going to crash. quote]

unfortunately the majority of crashes ive been too are a result of people breaking the road rules. ..

i beg to differ about speed, speeding is the highest contributer to crashes.. Number of passengers, i can agree with that esp with young males! theres more of a chance that they will become encourage into doing something. see it all the time..

im not sure what the p plates on the outside acheives, who knows..

but for inexpirenced drivers speed and passengers im sure are the biggest concern

jimmayyy

HSC
your post clearly targeted and generalized p platers. its so easy to just throw a blanket over the whole "OMFG P PLATER DEATHS YOUNG DRIVERS" thing instead of addressing the issues and specific cases.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
William_Lawry said:
iamsickofyear12 said:
Road rules have nothing to do with it. Everyone breaks the rules constantly. Breaking the rules doesn't necessarily mean you are driving dangerously and are going to crash.
unfortunately the majority of crashes ive been too are a result of people breaking the road rules. ..

i beg to differ about speed, speeding is the highest contributer to crashes.. Number of passengers, i can agree with that esp with young males! theres more of a chance that they will become encourage into doing something. see it all the time..

im not sure what the p plates on the outside acheives, who knows..

but for inexpirenced drivers speed and passengers im sure are the biggest concern
I have no doubt that speed and/or breaking the road rules are involved in the majority of accidents but I think stupidity and the inability to drive properly are just as important.

Of course you can say 'if they weren't speeding they wouldn't of crashed' but you could just as easily say 'if they could drive properly they wouldn't of crashed'. Just because speed or breaking the road rules are factors doesn't mean they are the actual cause.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
jimmayyy said:
your post clearly targeted and generalized p platers. its so easy to just throw a blanket over the whole "OMFG P PLATER DEATHS YOUNG DRIVERS" thing instead of addressing the issues and specific cases.
and ill do it again and again until the message gets through. Unfortunately its the same case for everyone, it only takes one person to get a group of people a bad name...

i dont think i even put p platers into the category of OMFG P PLATER DEATHS YOUNG DRIVERS.

ok heres a story! driving to a job lights and sirens, two lane divided road! how come every car sitting in lane 2 was a p plater who wouldnt move over when they could have, (or in fact shouldnt have even been in lane.) and all other cars were in lane 1!! can you example that? is it no knowledge of road rules or ignorance

ALLLICE

HSC
How about they get rid of p-plates....then there'll be no more p-plater tradgedies. Problem solved.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
How about they get rid of p-plates....then there'll be no more p-plater tradgedies. Problem solved.
i dont think anyone has ever thought of doing that! what would we do with out you! your a real thinker

jimmayyy

HSC
William_Lawry said:
and ill do it again and again until the message gets through. Unfortunately its the same case for everyone, it only takes one person to get a group of people a bad name...

i dont think i even put p platers into the category of OMFG P PLATER DEATHS YOUNG DRIVERS.

ok heres a story! driving to a job lights and sirens, two lane divided road! how come every car sitting in lane 2 was a p plater who wouldnt move over when they could have, (or in fact shouldnt have even been in lane.) and all other cars were in lane 1!! can you example that? is it no knowledge of road rules or ignorance
what needs to change isnt the law, its the attitude young people have, the "who cares we know its wrong lets do it anyway/we are invincible/we dont care" mentality is what leads to these deaths.

how about the government takes all the money it wasted on pamphlets and shit for the new law and put it into educating young drivers so they dont have that mentality, hmm? maybe every young driver should have to attend a crash victims support group and witness first hand what their stupidity can do, and 60 hours of driver training safety courses before they can drive solo. and make the P's test harder. and double the time on the L's.

how about the government attacks this terrible trend at its roots, instead of putting in place bullshit reactionary, knee jerk laws with absolutely no consultation with those it applies to?

the new p plate laws are like putting a bandaid on a broken leg - yeh it looks like it is helping but you are still fucked.

i'm a p plate driver, and i agree something had to be done, but making us not be able to car pool and have one designated drier to drive our mates home from a party wont stop fuckwits crashing and killing themselves and others. all it will do is put more p platers on the road late at night, encourage more idiots to drink drive and speed home so they don't get caught.

seriously look at the overall problem, don't just be like "STOOPID YOUNG DRIVERS NEED TO LEARN, THEY DESERVE TO DIE" that won't solve the problem, no matter how many times you repeat it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
- Harder and more realistic driving test.

- Compulsory driving course - to show p platers at what speed they lose control (among other things)

...that is what we need. That is all we need. Anything else is completely useless.

sthcross.dude

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I speed and don't follow the road rules and I am a very safe driver.
Thats what all the nutters say. Everyone thinks they're a great driver, perhaps because they did an advanced driving course or something gay like that. If you surveyed most Australians Im sure you'd find the majority would rate themselves as being above average. People have a natural tendancy to overestimate themselves and it seems this is particularly true of driving ability.

Of course you could happen to be one of the few who is a really brilliant driver (unlikely) but how "safe" can you possibly be when you speed and dont follow the road rules.

I dont either. But at least I acknowledge that I am a shit driver.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
Thats what all the nutters say. Everyone thinks they're a great driver, perhaps because they did an advanced driving course or something gay like that. If you surveyed most Australians Im sure you'd find the majority would rate themselves as being above average. People have a natural tendancy to overestimate themselves and it seems this is particularly true of driving ability.

Of course you could happen to be one of the few who is a really brilliant driver (unlikely) but how "safe" can you possibly be when you speed and dont follow the road rules.

I dont either. But at least I acknowledge that I am a shit driver.
I know that is what everyone says but I am actually a pretty good driver. The only people I really trust to drive are myself and my dad. Everyone else I tend to watch what they are doing and make sure they don't screw up.

I don't speed crazily and change lanes all over the place like some people do. Those people can never be safe drivers. I just speed when it is safe and break rules that are stupid anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)