Livestrong Bands (1 Viewer)

Leesa Moochie

does anyone know where u can get these bands or similar ones? i looove them but cant order off the net...

Guernica

HSC
Haha this shouldn't be in music. I don't think you can buy them in Australia. Your only hope is online, I think.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
ummmm you can get livestrong bands at the nike superstore, bourke street melbourne.
but if you don't particularly feel like paying for a flight just to be part of a relatively beneficial fashion trend, just go on ebay. even though the donation money actually goes to the seller, not the cancer research. stupid ebay sellers. grrrr.

but yeah, melbourne (or other nike shops) or ebay. :)

wanton-wonton

HSC
Livestrong bands, I haven't seen them around.
But similar Nike one's, they're everywhere.

HSC
I got mine in LA last year... although I think now you can buy them on eBay, but as others said its pointless cuz the money duzent go to cancer research and the sellers make about 300% profit. They are selling for about $10AU per band and i got a pack of 5 for $5USD in america, with the money going to cancer research.. but if u want one, eBays the place... or theres always a trip to America.

HSC
miss_gtr said:
lo i kno u want one for the purpose of charity? (atleast i hope so) but my friend got a rad rip off live strong band from pricelines...... like 5 bucks for 5, and they say words like, love, peace, best, friends, live strong etc..
shit that pisses me off! they now have alll these rip off ones like even billabong are making them.. ahh i hate ppl who wear them for other reasons other than charity.. lol
i bought the livestrong one last year, and since theres been at least 20 diff rip offs of them.. I mean fair enough the aids ones, etc.. but the "oneinamillion" or "player" ones u can get in the girltalk mags... omg.. wrong.
i did however buy the breast cancer foundation and the sidsandkids ones when i was back here.. but they are charity ones!

anyways theres my little rant.. but thats just my opinion..

HSC
I have a makepovertyhistory one but it came in the mail cuz my dad sends them money monthly or sumthing so they just sent us one! so i have no idea where they sell them, sorry.. just go to the oxfam website maybe?

but the writing on it is like painted on rather than indented so it rubs off.. mines like nearly all white now.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
go_swans said:
I got mine in LA last year... although I think now you can buy them on eBay, but as others said its pointless cuz the money duzent go to cancer research and the sellers make about 300% profit. They are selling for about $10AU per band and i got a pack of 5 for $5USD in america, with the money going to cancer research.. but if u want one, eBays the place... or theres always a trip to America.
I've seen some Livestrong bands on eBay as cheap as £0.99 and $1.99...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You realise they make these in sweat shops and more of the profits actually go to Nike then the cause they're made for, even though they each only cost a few cents to make.

HSC
Well a high percentage from every band goes to cancer research.. and considering they make around 99c per $1 band, theres been a shitload of money go to cancer research. ( i do realise NIKE make money from the bands, but either way, some money is better than no money going to cancer research..)
Lance Armstrongs' aim was to make $1million, (USD) from his bands... and hes made over $14 million through the Lance Armstrong foundation... which is an awesome effort.

HSC
AcStyle* said:
I've seen some Livestrong bands on eBay as cheap as £0.99 and $1.99...

one band for $12.50...... the sellers on eBay are making sooo much money from these it sucks

I see the ones that say 0.99c.... but ur forgetting the postage, and the fact that everyone bids in the last minutes and they end up going for much more than $1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)