Living on-campus (1 Viewer)

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
Maybe the 2 was actually a 7? hehe. I will probably fill up all 70kg I have enough sweaters(jumpers) just to fill up that amount, of course that is going to be terrible lugging around for the few days before I can move into res.
I should check if I need to bring a duvet cause that would be a lot of room taken up.

Learning all these new words? How long have you been away from the country? Or maybe I'm mistaken and there is another way to apply for domestic places.

Though I left when I was 15 I keep seeing the word "Bogan" yet I'm pretty sure I have no clue what that is.

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
You won't need sweaters!! It's going to be baking hot over there! Plus at Cromwell, I think I can move in a few days earlier than the start date, by just giving them a bit more money, thats what the handbook said anyway.

I've only been to Oz once for 3 weeks, I'm a permanent resident so I'm just classed as domestic, because I have a visa, that way i didn't have to live there.
And bogan means : a person who is, or is perceived to be uncouth, unsophisticated or of a lower-class background. Thats what wikipedia says anyway, lol.

Carly

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
You can never have enough sweaters :) It will be winter at some point. Yeah I think you can move in earlier at International House as well, maybe I should check that out.

Oh so you have only visited there, I see so you are going to have a nice English accent to help you get all the guys :) hehe

Wikipedia for the win, I guess it's the same as calling someone a Hick or White Trash or something.

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
LOL! Their winteris like 15 degrees... thats like summer in the u.k. LOL

Yep me and my english accent :p LOL

Yeah. I swear I'm going to be spending most my time on wikipedia trying to keep up with the lingo lol. :)

Carly

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
haha, Yea 15 degrees is pretty hot here in Canada too. Though going from like -10c at the moment to whatever it is over there will be nice.

Oh so I e-mailed UQ and they gave me my Student number which I can then e-mail to their IT help desk and get my sign-ins for enroling just in case if you have a problem as well.

The lingo isn't that bad, but then maybe I don't notice it all.. I'm just ready to get down there and go to the beach, it's been a long time since I have seen actual sand and waves.

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
It's like 30 over there at the moment lol, i think i'm going to melt :S lol.

Thats wicked you got your student number tho, and that you can enrol now, ha, i can't believe it is SO soon, and i'll be swapping rainy london for Brisbane.

Ooh and the beach is like 45 mins to an hour from the uni, yeah? lol

Carly

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think it is not too far, like Surfer's Paradise is like 45 mins but I could be totally wrong about that :)

Yeah it is coming up fast, but getting away from snow to hot weather is nice. I think that first weekend will need to make a trip to the beach if I can figure it out.

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Mmm, beach sounds gd :) I haven't been to a proper beach in ages! lol. You'll probs need to hire a car tho.

I can't wait for all these O-week activities as well, it's going to be such a laugh :D
Carly

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
Don't need a car, pretty sure can make it by Train. Well as far as I could figure out on the public transit website.

Don't have an Australian license to drive down there anyway, you should come if I can figure it out. hehe See already planning stuff :)

O-week should be good, don't really know what is happening though.

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Lol. Sounds like a plan :)
And I have an english licence, so I can just get an Aus one as soon as I get there :) ... but I still have no car :( lol

Oh and there's LOADS going on :D

Carly
btw do you have facebook?

Trev

stix
HSC
It's pretty annoying getting to the Gold Coast by public transport.
It involves bus from uni to toowong (or roma st), train from toowong to roma st, train from roma st to GC then the bus from the train station there into Cavil ave. Better to make friends with people who have cars haha.

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
So Bus to Roma St, Train to GC, then Bus to Cavil Ave?

Hmmm, sounds like it could take a while lol. Oh well, I mean as long as it doesn't take half a day to get there and back I would do it.

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
That's not too bad, I travel about 1.5 hours to work each day. Just gotta not get lost and I will be fine :)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Ha! That's fine...I travel for 2hrs on the bus, for what is a ten minute car journey, just to go shopping :D

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
Bah!.... I will wear it, just to prove you wrong. :)

nedrO

HSC
Noice work pommy babe!

See you at cromwell O-Week!

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
nedrO said:
Noice work pommy babe!

See you at cromwell O-Week!
Yeah! Ooh btw, have you been sent the o-week itinery yet for cromwell college??? Because my parents are transfering payments through banks and having to convert money etc. it's taking forever to get my confirmation of a place completed, ergo, I haven;t been sent anything as of yet with regard to O-week activities :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)