living on campus? (1 Viewer)

mjor

internet is expensive, you pay by the Mb. I think its 18c/meg at New but you start with 130 or so free. At Baxter its 15c/meg but you don't get any to start with. I am pretty sure you can have TVs at New, Warrane is very different (eg no locks on doors).

maniacguy

A short description supplied to me by a fourth year student:

colleges:

Creston, Warrane, Shalom, New, International House, the Kensington Colleges (Basser, Baxter and Goldstein)

Also think of them as: No Guys, No Girls, No Pork, No Grog, No Fun, No Degree

Starlet

Hehe maniacguy :D , yeah I've heard those around uni before.

Thanks mjor for the information. Dammit I was hoping I could go on a huge downloading spree in college when I would finally have broadband again (on dial up now :mad1: ). Oh well...

Geez doesn't Warrane have locks on their doors? What if people started stealing stuff?

pitted

HSC
N/A
mjor said:
Baxter.
Which, of course, is the best :)
but they are all pretty good
hey are you first year or second??? anyway im first year in baxter food is as decent as your ever gonna get it i spose soetimes good most times...edible. warrene (is that how you spell it>? ah who cares) is no girls = no good. new is really hard to get into - lotta smart ppl but also more pricey than the TKC...Baxter is the largest - and the best :-D - so waay more people to get to know (and easier to avoid if need be :p )

i gues thats it for now

ciao

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hello all..
the net at baxter shouldn't be 15c/mb ...should be 4.4c/mb (i live in basser, and the kenso colleges are all pretty much the same)

if ur wondering, the kenso colleges are quite good....Food is well, college food (depnds on if ur a picky eater or not), the basser 'fresher' rooms are small, but ok (goldstien, and baxter have bigger rooms) but the 'senior' rooms are much bigger. Another good thing about the kenso colleges is they are in middle campus...so you can really wake up at 8:55 (or 9:00) and still get to ur lectures on time.

just wondering though - are there anyone who has lived in International House? coz from my searching, it is the cheapest college on campus...hte thing i'm wonering is ppl all say its more quiet..but being next to the roundhouse, how can it be quiet?!?

doingHSC

HSC
pitted said:
hey are you first year or second??? anyway im first year in baxter food is as decent as your ever gonna get it i spose soetimes good most times...edible. warrene (is that how you spell it>? ah who cares) is no girls = no good. new is really hard to get into - lotta smart ppl but also more pricey than the TKC...Baxter is the largest - and the best :-D - so waay more people to get to know (and easier to avoid if need be :p )

i gues thats it for now

ciao
dont think he's first/snd year, his post is 2 years old :)

pitted

HSC
N/A
doingHSC said:
dont think he's first/snd year, his post is 2 years old :)

wow. such an idiot...not used to looking at the dates...thanks though

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
markmooks said:
Can you get Unwired or iBurst coverage there? Avoid their net and get better service through a WireMAX ISP.
Probably, we iBurst at my college at ANU.

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Hmm... what can you say about the food in college... It's edible, I mean you wont die. Breakfast is good, I like... Dinner is... hmm... Being veg is probably a good thing, they have lits of salads and stuff.
But in the end, its food, it's relatively healthy and it saves you spending money on maccas

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Why is everyone talking about the non-essentials (food, water, internet)? I wanna know how good the Halo(2) is!

Last edited:

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Why is everyone talking about the non-essentials (food, water, internet)? I wanna know how good the Halo(2) is!
Haha, at Baxter there are a few peeps with xbox's who have Halo 2 battles, mad fun when you're bored or pissed cos ya can talk over the room phones at the same time and abuse people who can't play.

I'm first year at Baxter, awesome place if ya like to party and get loosely drunk. Study for me is basically non-existant, but still passing so that's cool. Food is alright, think eurest caters most of the colleges so its all a much of a muchness between them all.
As part of the Kenso colleges, ya kinda have more peeps to hang with cos all three colleges (Baxter, Basser and Goldstein) are pretty close cos we all dine together and we have tri-college events where all three colleges attend so there's like 450-ish people. Plus each college has tutors covering most subjects and you can access each of the three colleges tutors which expands contacts and help.
Rooms at Baxter are quite good, enough room, full two-door waredrobe, large desk with drawer and cupboard, shelves, a heater and a single bed. I've got a spare matress in my room and there is plenty of room to fit it next to the single bed for a mate to sleep. There are three 'blocks' (A, B and C) with 3, 2 and 4 floors respectively, with approx 20 or so rooms on each floor plus a tutor.
Umm, as i said we have mad parties, stuff organised on a social calender each week to attend, but ya don't have to if ya don't want to. Other than that there isn't too much else to add. But as has been said, i reckon it's the best college - definately the wildest which suits me perfectly... but may not suit others...
If ya wanna know anything else about Baxter or the Kenso's just ask...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Which of the 3 is the quietest?

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Idyll said:
Also L45er, just curious but does the construction work create much noise in Baxter?
Yes and no. Depends where you are in Baxter. The rooms right across from it on college road are afftected... Wakes ya up at like 7am every morning and the building shakes from the roller, but meh, ya get used to it... I think it should ease off though cos the've pretty much finished demolishing, so shouldn't be as noisy when they start to rebuild.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)