Local online stores. (1 Viewer)

equiski

HSC
A friend of mine wants to buy an ipod or ipod mini. He is curious to whether it would be cheaper to buy one online, but doesn't know of any good online stores that would supply ipods. Any suggestions?

z.co

my cousin recently bought an ipod mini. i noticed that the battery life is really short..

i dont know if this is the case with the normal ipods..

i have looked on ebay.. doenst seem like mini;s are cheaper.. same price as DOMAYNE.. and MYER

if u are after cheap price.. i've seen a 20GB creative nomad mp3 player for 350, it wasnt on special or nothing.. cant member where it was from tho.. try harvey norman. GL with buy

equiski

HSC
Yeah, it appears that Apple regulate the prices of the ipods, I have yet to see an ipon mini that wasn't selling for $399AU. Thanks for the suggestion of the creative though, he is open to suggestions. I've also looked at the other MP3 player thread for ideas, but its more concerned with solid state devices.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, all the Ipod gear and accessories are fixed prices at the moment =(

$499 for Ipod / $399 for Ipod Mini, and assorted other prices for the accessories. However, uni students can get discounts of 10% on each item apparently, according to the apple store I bought mine from.

Saves you $40 or $50 already if you can get a Uni Student to buy it for you, if you aren't one yourself.

Adrian.

HSC
Resellers only make a tiny profit on iPods (around $10 I think) so there really is no room for specials.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
get a creative nomad zen nx, 60gb. i laugh when everyone is buying 10gb and 20gb ipods and zen touch's for 499 and stuff and i only paid $535 for my 60gb.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer since when i was working for myers the best competitors price i saw was $375 (JB)
but im shopping for 2 ipod minis atm..

to the person who sed they were new .. no no no, apples a bitch to deal with for product prices

new ipod photos are coming out.. they will help push prices down :) if past experience is anything to go by..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
look above at the google ads, lol
lol!
umm if you buy from the apple store and present your student card (from university or tafe.. not high school) you get 10% discount (so minis go to like $360 and 20gb goes to $450)
someone on bos let me know and i emailed the people from my local store and they said it was true but i had to be in uni or tafe.. i was gonna wait to buy one but i spent like $580 on my digi cam and accessories so i dont think ill be getting it anytime soon
my friend who works at target said last time they had a storewide sale ipods were included and people bought them like crazy.. so now whenever they have sales it says 'excludes ipods' lol
[edit: i just realised theres another thread on the 10% discount thing.. shows how much i go through this forum lol.. other than that and ebay there arent really any other places to get it too much cheaper]

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
as was mentioned earlier, Apple fixes the price for iPods since they are the only supplier. even when Myer has a discount period, there is no discount for iPods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)