Location of ASIO (1 Viewer)

DaUnknown

Pursuit of Happiness
HSC
Hey guys.
This may seem like a random question, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the address/location of the ASIO HQ that was in Sydney before 1950s, and in Melbourne after 1951, as I'd like to incorporate their location into my EE1 creative writing piece.
Would be great if you guys could help me find it, been searching around and haven't found information in regards to it.
Thanks in advance :)

HSC
read the op

from like 1949 to 1951 headquarters were in sydney
then 1951 to like 197x they were in Melb
now they are in Russell in Canberra

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i shall call da police, report Op as a terrorist and run off wit ma reward money

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm having a look. A search through some NAA records seems to indicate that the 1950s Melbourne mailing address was: "D" Branch, Attorney-General's Department, G.P.O. Box 5219 BB, MELBOURNE. But that doesn't say much about the physical location. (Perhaps they were co-located with Melbourne AGD?)

edit: Sydney address in 1949 was Box 4880, GPO Sydney, apparently. Can't seem to find much more than that - it seems though that they were attached to the Attorney-General's Department for some administrative purposes.

Last edited:

DaUnknown

Pursuit of Happiness
HSC
I'm having a look. A search through some NAA records seems to indicate that the 1950s Melbourne mailing address was: "D" Branch, Attorney-General's Department, G.P.O. Box 5219 BB, MELBOURNE. But that doesn't say much about the physical location. (Perhaps they were co-located with Melbourne AGD?)

edit: Sydney address in 1949 was Box 4880, GPO Sydney, apparently. Can't seem to find much more than that - it seems though that they were attached to the Attorney-General's Department for some administrative purposes.
Sweet, thanks for the research. I'll have a further look with your mentioned information. If I can't find any new info, I guess I'll just have to make it up.

thanks for the info bro. now im going to go bomb it.
GL with that mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)