Logbook/scriptwritng (1 Viewer)

roseysparkles

HSC
These are just some questions for anyone doing scriptwriting:
1. Is it important to date the logbook?
2. How important is it to have seen theatre and to record it in the logbok?
and 3. Is anyone else putting theatrical influences and playwrites in their log??
If anyone can answer my questions, would be great!
ok, peace out :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i didnt do scriptwriting, i did video but the best advice i ever got in regards to my logbook was to put everything and anything i ever used or looked at in the logbook.. By the time I had to hand in my major work and logbooks.. i had 3 logbooks to hand in because i had so much stuff i had looked at.

Putting theatrical influences and playwrights in your logbook is an excellent idea as it will show where some of your ideas may have been been drawn from.

I never put any dates in my logbook unless I was talking about a video i had watched or a movie i had seen at the theatres. Alot of people in my class did date their logbooks as they assumed it would show that they had been working on their major work throughout the course of the year and it wasn't all done in the last week before it was due.

It's up to you what you put in your logbook. Ask your teacher if she has any past major works to look at and have a look through their logbooks to see what kind of information they put in them. Regardless of what they chose to do for their major work, the journal should still show what you should have in there. Also check the syllabus as, from memory, I believe they have some things you need to have included in your logbook.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
I did scriptwriting.....

Personally i would put dates on each entry (might to prove you've been working on it the whole year..not just the last 2 weeks:p).

Its good to see as much theatre or any performance that u can get too. & mainly look at things u might be able to use..or even how they deliver their dialogue. & it make it a nice touch, add the ticket (if u got one). Also, wot is ur script on??...cos do lots of research, including videos, books, etc & write down wot u learnt & how u feel about it.
For example, my script was about the famous curse of Macbeth. It showed (& involved (the break down of the '4th wall between actor & audience)) the audience how the curse was done, by who & why. & i wanted the main 3 characters to speak in a sort of shakespearen dialogue. So what i did was i watched "Macbeth" by Roman Pol...(cant spell) & it was really, really good! & i saw "Shakespeare In Love". & got alot of information on dialogue, black humour, body language, etc.

Pretty much add everything you can!! Hope you do well & dont leave the whole 2nd act to do the night before!! (like myself & i still had the half of my tech folio to do!)

roseysparkles

HSC
thanks you guys so much it helps a lot! Im not sure exacltly yet what to do my scrip on... my teacher is making me do the whole firts draft these holidays... and i have like writers block or something lol. but it will be cool i just have to focus my ideas and stuff

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
roseysparkles said:
thanks you guys so much it helps a lot! Im not sure exacltly yet what to do my scrip on... my teacher is making me do the whole firts draft these holidays... and i have like writers block or something lol. but it will be cool i just have to focus my ideas and stuff
u better hurry!!
dont worry about ur teacher.....he/she is just trying to push u to finish it for the school mark..i didnt finish mine by then, but i got marked for my first Act.

Remember write down everything!!!

a.c

HSC
:confused: hi! So i was wondering...even though you didn't write down the dates, did you still get good marks? did it matter that you hadn't done it?

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
a.c said:
:confused: hi! So i was wondering...even though you didn't write down the dates, did you still get good marks? did it matter that you hadn't done it?
i think so...but do it anyway, it looks better.

half the time i made up dates, cos i couldnt remember when i done them:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)