Logitech G27 (1 Viewer)

m.jakaran

HSC
Anybody have any experience with this wheel? I bought one for $195 shipped from Logitech and it looks like they're dropping the price before release of a new wheel. That being said, I honestly didn't think there would be much room for improvement so I pulled the trigger on the sale.

Last edited:

m.jakaran

HSC
I mainly play GTR2 and GTR:Evolution and I'll probably get Dirt3 soon. The current wheel I use is a $45 ebay piece of shit so whatever happens this should be good. Also, have you had any issues with a deadzone on the wheel? Will the center have any "slop" after a long session?

Last edited:

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
the wheels internals used to heat up but i never noticed a drop in performance and i used to use it pretty hard drifting on LFS. i inverted my pedals aswell on a piece of MDF which made them more realistic. the realistic feeling you get depends on the coding of the game rather than the quality of the wheel.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How do you guys mount it well though? I find that no matter what I do on my lap and carpet, I can't get anything remotely decent in terms of playability.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Ii used nails and fixed mine to the ironing board had to use a saw to shorten though

m.jakaran

HSC
How do you guys mount it well though? I find that no matter what I do on my lap and carpet, I can't get anything remotely decent in terms of playability.
Yeah, herein lies the problem. I use the pedals on a tiled floor and they work really well-so much so that I find myself pushed back around 30 cm on my wheeled chair every few minutes. Although they're advertised as having a "carpet grip system" I think they work far better on tile. Also, I haven't had any problems with the wheel but it seems hard to set the shifter to a tightness where it seems like nothing's going to break but it won't "slop" in an aggressive 20-30 minute session. I might try getting some rubber mat material and putting it between the shifter and desk but for the most part, just keeping my hands light on the knob is not really that annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)