lol um sorry but one last question Button Cell (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
for the Button cell, ive looked everywhere for Environmental impacts of the button cell and the only one i could find was "Not rechargeable" can anybody tell me anymore environmental impacts? Thanxx

ssglain

HSC
I assume it's the silver oxide button cell you're talking about. One thing is that silver is a heavy metal and bioaccumulation can be harmful to the environment.

Really, read through textbooks & study guides.

bmwz4

HSC
ssglain said:
I assume it's the silver oxide button cell you're talking about. One thing is that silver is a heavy metal and bioaccumulation can be harmful to the environment.

Really, read through textbooks & study guides.
as ssglain said...for the mercury button cell, the mercury cannot break down and will end up either in land fills...causing soil erosion or other soil problems...the mercury can also harm marine organisms if it makes its way down drains.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ditto... and worse yet, Hg can cause nerve damage... which pose a thread to human as well

bmwz4

HSC
xiao1985 said:
ditto... and worse yet, Hg can cause nerve damage... which pose a thread to human as well
only when consumed i assume?

k4t5UM0t0

HSC
Silver Button Cell

Silver should be recycled (because its expensive)
Silver is heavy metal damages the environment
Alkaline leakages

appleide

HSC
"only when consumed i assume?"

it can be absorbed through skin, IIRC. Otherwise they wouldn't have banned it from schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)