Longest time spent travelling to and from uni (1 Viewer)

supasoljah

HSC
Who spends the longest time travelling to and from uni, and where do u live?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's a 35 minute drive, but if I take a bus and train it takes more than 2 hours.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
About 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours - depending on the trains. Hell, one day, the trains were so screwed it took 4 hours to get home.

btw, live in Ryde and go to uni in Richmond.

daniL

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
i spend approx 2 hours each way. I live in the hills district, and i know i'm def not the worst!
I live in the Hills district too, and the traffic can be shocking. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours in the morning to get to uni, and it takes me 2 hours on the way home (but that includes waiting time).

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
for school, i live 30 minute drive away

but to get there by bus i leave home at 7 am get to schol at 8:45

after school i finish at 3:20 and get home around 5 pm

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
daniL said:
I live in the Hills district too, and the traffic can be shocking. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours in the morning to get to uni, and it takes me 2 hours on the way home (but that includes waiting time).
it's the not the traffic getting to uni. It's the fact that i live over half an hour away from any station. And i can't get to the stations cos of traffic. (penno is the worst... takes over an hour to get there cos of boundary road, and there's no parking within like 2 k's of the station!)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
15 min car ride to station and then depending on how (not "if") shitty cityrail is, the trip takes from 35 mins -60 mins. After that, a 1o minute walk to uni from Redfern station.

supasoljah

HSC
How long does it take on Hills Bus® in the morning to the city from the hills? and how often do they go?

Skeeta

HSC
its about a 15-20 min drive for me

it'd take about 2 hrs if i got pub transport though

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
when i went to uni
i spent 3 hours going there and 3 hours coming home
i live in baulkham hills and uni was at bankstown
1 bus 2 trains and another bus to get to uni
the same coming home
6 hours a day was dedicated to transport
i couldnt handle it

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'm a 30 min drive or about 45 mins train/bus (inclduing walking/waiting)
which is nice

although it took me like an hour to get home wen the gay usu ralley was on

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
last year it took me around 30mins because i had a 9am start and there was traffic. now it takes me 15-20 mins.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm 20-25 mins on a good day.. about 35 mins at like 5pm on a friday afternoon
i live in the hills district too.. guess its the place to be
for the girl who goes to usyd.. why dont you just catch the citybus like the 610 etc and just walk from central (or bus). i would have done that if i got into b ed at usyd.. oh well. kinda glad im at acu now hehe free parking rocks my world

daniL

HSC
supasoljah said:
How long does it take on Hills Bus® in the morning to the city from the hills? and how often do they go?
It depends where you live. In my street, they come every half an hour or so (but don't rely on the timetable - it's all off). It usually takes me about an hour (an hour and a bit maybe) to catch the bus all the way into Town Hall, and then 15 minutes for the other bus, which you might have to wait 5 minutes for. Sometimes it can take longer if there's traffic. I personally find it much better than catching the trains, but sometimes you don't get a seat (they do make an effort to shift people to a bus with available seats if possible). I just wish they ran them during the day as well so I didn't have to get the train home. Also, if you want to catch the Hills Bus on the way home, just ask the driver if they go to your street. I sometimes catch one that says it doesn't go to my street, but if you make a request they will go that way. Hope that helped.

supasoljah

HSC
Yeh, the Hills is an excellent place for housing but bad public transport and too far from the coast and from the city (in summer can get up to 10 degrees hotter than at the coast).

Im lucky i live within 5-10 mins drive from each uni near the city (unsw, usyd, uts etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)