look here (1 Viewer)

nadine99

HSC
helppp meeeee
so iv'e been offered a spot in b arts in communications (writing and cultures) for 07, and am still deciding whether to transfer from my current course at unsw to it so:

a. any thoughts on the course from current students? workload, type of subjects, types of jobs after graduating

and

b. when the heck is the cut off date for accepting offers i cannot find it anywhere on this earth

thankyou!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
nadine99 said:
helppp meeeee
so iv'e been offered a spot in b arts in communications (writing and cultures) for 07, and am still deciding whether to transfer from my current course at unsw to it so:

a. any thoughts on the course from current students? workload, type of subjects, types of jobs after graduating

and

b. when the heck is the cut off date for accepting offers i cannot find it anywhere on this earth

thankyou!
I think Evan (kami) does arts in communications (writing and cultures)
He should be able to give u advice on this.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nadine99 said:
helppp meeeee

and

thankyou!
Workload - there are 3 or 4 assessments per subject, usually one presentation/seminar, one short piece of work and one major work. Typical first year program is 4 subjects comprising of one media, one politics/history, one cultural and one writing subject each semester. Second and third year is 3 subjects a semester with one writing, one cultural and one elective.

You can expect jobs in editing/publishing or as a freelance writer if you're damn good at what you do and if you take the appropriate electives you can also land jobs in advertising, public relations, journalism, information management or teaching in secondary schools.

The cut-off is very soon, and sometime before the late rounds are released I believe so I'd make your decision as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)