• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Looking for a chemistry tutor. (1 Viewer)

sumaiyamshaikh

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I am sophie. I do honours in Neurophysiology and completed my bachelors Medical Science last yr at UWS. I travel to do home tutoring in campbelltown, fairfield, auburn, liverpool areas. I live in auburn but travel to campbelltown UWS for honours. I have 4 other students, 3 in year 11/ year 12 and 1 student in first year medical science. I also teach 2nd yr MBBS at UWS (mainly neurophys). Minimum 2 hours a week is required. call me 0425407150 for discussion in regards to availability and rates.

Chemistry_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Tutor
Hello,
PhD in Biochemistry and expert test taker: 95-99% Chemistry / Biochem GREs. National Chemistry Olympiad Winner. I am using a virtual classroom where the student and teacher can DRAW, CHAT, TALK.
$15/hr Online. FREE TRIAL

PM for more info.

answer this, so we can see if u're legit or not

A student is trying to work out the formula of an unknown acid he was given. So far he knows that the formula takes the form HnXO3, where n is an unknown positive integer and X is an unknown non-metallic element which can either be Phosphorous (P), Sulfur (S), Carbon (C) or Nitrogen (N). To determine which of the four elements X actually is for the unknown acid, the student performs a series of titrations.

The student decides to prepare a secondary standard solution of NaOH by titrating it with a primary standard solution of 0.1064 mol/L of HCl.

The result was that 25.00mL of NaOH required 25.00mL of HCl with concentration 0.1064 mol/L for an end-point with the indicator colour change.

The student then dissolved 2.569 grams of HnXO3 in water to make a 250.0mL solution. He performed a titration with the unknown acid HnXO3 and the standard NaOH solution.

The result was that 25.00mL of the standard NaOH required 16.31mL of HnXO3 solution for an end-point with the indicator colour change.

Determine the identity of X and the value of n using the given choices. Justify your answer.

answer this, so we can see if u're legit or not
answer: HNO3
p.s. the problem is easy. If there is an alternative solution I don't see it.
I am very much legit. Actually, I would like to find several students to train for the next year Chemistry Olympiad. Because I tutor online I am accessible to students around the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)