Looking for a DJ... (1 Viewer)

Girra_girl

HSC
Heya! I'm in desperate need of a DJ for a school dance in the second week of May. You don't know how desperate I am. I don't know anyone or have any connections and I'm running the committee.

We need a DJ that plays a variety of music and is not too expensive since we don't have a lot of money to fund the dance. We have restrictions on payment too. We can only pay in cheque, but we can pay on the night or by mail.

Please please help me. I need help!

Girra_girl

HSC
The thing is...

I've never seen or heard a jukebox before. I don't know if it'll be loud enough or play a great enough variety of music. I think that the people at my school want like really update music and maybe a bit of late 90's music and some people want some classics (like me...who can't go past the Grease Megamix or Michael Jackson?). I'm hoping to cater for all of this. I've never seen a jukebox before, though. What is it like in playing. Will we have to keep putting money into it? Does they have a large range of songs?

Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. I'll discuss it with my committee.

*waves*

artfag

Banned
HSC
yo, i spin drum'n'bass, jungle, uk garage, grime, brutal speedcore / killcore, happy terrorcore , sadcore, noisecore , dum breakcore trendy shit , gamecore, superhero anthems and prince

message me if y'all are interested

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Girra_girl said:
I've never seen or heard a jukebox before. I don't know if it'll be loud enough or play a great enough variety of music. I think that the people at my school want like really update music and maybe a bit of late 90's music and some people want some classics (like me...who can't go past the Grease Megamix or Michael Jackson?). I'm hoping to cater for all of this. I've never seen a jukebox before, though. What is it like in playing. Will we have to keep putting money into it? Does they have a large range of songs?

Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. I'll discuss it with my committee.

*waves*
do you live under a rock?
jukeboxes go loud.
they have a HUGE selection of songs. like MASSIVE. its like, the size of godzilla, the amount of music you can get in a jukebox.
and they have old songs and new songs.

slip

HSC
dont get a dj, get an awesome cover band. get a PA system for like $350, and then call up some local pubs/niteclubs find out the contact details for a cool cover band, then higher that band for about $100

and if you still need more music get every one to burn good songs on to cds and bring them in, then give the cds to the PA operate to play whilst the band is not playing.

a band will make the night so much more sun then a dj

Girra_girl

HSC
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm not making the decisions but I did bring it up with the organisers. We're not booking anything until this school holidays so I still have a little more time to look around.

artfag - that you for your offer. I'll keep you written down for when we make the decisions.

Girra_girl

HSC
Well...my update is that we've been offered a DJ from a reputable company for $220 for 4 hours. I have no idea if thats a good price or not... :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)