• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

looking for a job over 100k when graduate? (1 Viewer)

LiLBoBo

HSC
HI! ummm i was just wondering if you can get/find any jobs about 100k when you JUST graduate ( meaning no experience at all)? i've been searching and i can only find like 50k ones!! and i heard lots of people got a job like 150k in the business/commerce industry when they just graduate and i was like what the.... help me yeah? :)

michael1990

HSC
I suppose it depends on the company and such.

Also the degrees that people undertake.
Is it a double degree related to that field? etc.

A friend of mine just recieved a job with CBA and is earning $100k a year with a lot of fringe benefits. His job is a HR Analysist.
THOUGH he did have some exprience.

Such as Armani Suits, Laptop, Blackberry, HUGE bonuses. And i believe shares as well.<not sure on that one though.

He is still studying at UNI.

CloudStrife

HSC
Be good at what you do, get the right experience, look for the right opportunities and 100k could be possible in most fields.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
In my field (agricultural economics) there is such a shortage of graduates that 100k is pretty much the minimum straight out of uni. Only problem is you need to do alot of travelling.

michael1990

HSC
Raven3333 said:
In my field (agricultural economics) there is such a shortage of graduates that 100k is pretty much the minimum straight out of uni. Only problem is you need to do alot of travelling.
thats good.

When you say a lot of travelling. How far?

And what does your degree consist of?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
michael1990 said:
thats good.

When you say a lot of travelling. How far?

And what does your degree consist of?
Travelling to rural areas a fair bit, if u want higher pay then to other countries such as PNG and so, basically developing countries.

The degree is four years although the final one can be a reaserch year if you so choose. The degree also consists of 60 days work experience. Basically you have to do 70% of the same UOS as an economics degree and the rest is agriculture and economic theory UOS's. Downside of the degree is there is alot of hard statistics.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
I suppose it depends on the company and such.

Also the degrees that people undertake.
Is it a double degree related to that field? etc.

A friend of mine just recieved a job with CBA and is earning $100k a year with a lot of fringe benefits. His job is a HR Analysist.
THOUGH he did have some exprience.

Such as Armani Suits, Laptop, Blackberry, HUGE bonuses. And i believe shares as well.<not sure on that one though.

He is still studying at UNI.
Do you intentionally try to post BS? You can't even spell analyst!

Very few people will go on to earn 100k as a graduate. I highly doubt agricultural economists will earn 100k straight out of uni either. More like 40-50.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
lol at people thinking when they graduate Uni/TAFE they're going to get a 100k job, you'll be getting first 20-60k then you work yourself up into higher position.

lol @ 100k even Government MP's don't usually get that.

Trajan

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Geology et al.

Go work for an oil company and sit on a boat looking for oil.

Quality money.

If it's such a great plan....Why aren't you currently heading in that direction?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
This Michael kid is definately a troll. You can't seriously tell me, even taking into consideration he's yet to sit his HSC, that he is legit.

Its quite fucking astounding.

Trajan

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
This Michael kid is definately a troll. You can't seriously tell me, even taking into consideration he's yet to sit his HSC, that he is legit.

Yeah but is he really doing any harm?......He seems to be coming up with decent posts about topics that are relevant to BOS.

If he were just flooding the forum with bs that would be a different story...

patty4848

HSC
chicky_pie said:
lol at people thinking when they graduate Uni/TAFE they're going to get a 100k job, you'll be getting first 20-60k then you work yourself up into higher position.

lol @ 100k even Government MP's don't usually get that.
Umm, government MP's do actually... most of them anyways
And higher government MP's (ministers etc)...double that

patty4848

HSC
chicky_pie said:
I'm talking about those who just started out when it comes to government jobs, silly.
haha ok. My mistake. I thought you meant ministers etc. Sorry.

And in response to whoever made this thread...
Mining in WA can have alot of financial benefits. My cousin works as a mining engineer in WA and he didn't tell me exactly what he earnt, but he said that when he started he was on 70k and now he's in six-figures (He's now 24). Except his personal/private life is not exactly enthralling living in WA near the mines, but that's just a sacrifice he had to make.

If mining doesn't interest you, then maybe investment banking (although there is alot of competition involved) or dentistry might be an option.
One of my teachers gave me the advice of: do what you enjoy, and do it well, and you will be much better off in the future. Sounds like good advice to me, so I'm going to give it to you.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Stupid boy, do something you enjoy not what pays well...

If you get both, then good on you.

Otherwise, marry rich.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
TO THE OP

100k, is very rare.
probably 1/1000 gets 100k

blue_chameleon said:

100% agree, i go to school with this troll

dir3

HSC
I heard at a engineering day at UNSW a few years ago that petroleum engineering pays really well, and oil rigs are sexy too :D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Except that within a few years the arse is going to fall out of the mining industry and lots of people are going to be sans job.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Except that within a few years the arse is going to fall out of the mining industry and lots of people are going to be sans job.
When is oil going to run out? When are australias minerals going to run out? Not for at least another 15-20 years (im being extremely conservative)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)