Looking for a Voice recorder for uni lectures.......... (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
looking after a voice recorder that 'll last me throughout my uni life used to tape lectures and ill be pretty harsh on it and thrown right into my bag excessively throughout the semester.
Any way Im pretty illeterate in terms of the good and bad brands of voice recorders in todays market, ive looked into a few like the olypmus and the sonys.
Just want others peoples opinions? preferably something that can store high quality stereo recording of maximum of 5 hours , usb connection and if so one which formats is files into mp3 / wma.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Not sure on this, but just a point worth noting, if you're at UNSW (or other unis that use ilecture/lecture recording), you won't be permitted to record those.

Not that it matters if the uni is recording them for you I guess

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
wow never knew that.
i guess most of them our hot shot artist with copyright issues:mad1: so their lectures wont leak thru the internet mp3 land

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
yeh im still in disarray to fork out 150 dollars or so to get a decent not taker but had alot of negative critics saying they are not adequate for lec politik which one are u using is it digital or tape ive got this on mind
ICDB210 sony
DIGITAL usb NOTETAKER 32MB
$249.00 AUD inc. GST

ebay 110 includ shipping

fatmuscle

HSC
i bought a $50 iTalk for my 4Gen iPod.

I barely used it for recording lectures. We had a few group meetings, and it was just a good way to record those.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
a shame ipod minis arent compatible with italk cause of some firmware they dont have

fatmuscle

HSC
also, it won't looknice

is there an iTalk for minis'?

in a large lecture hall, with use of the PA system
my iTalk was picking up voice easily from 3/4 back of the room

but that's when everyon is quiet and your friends next to you aren't tlaking
you sometimes have to sit away from your friends if they talk too much

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
th said:
looking after a voice recorder that 'll last me throughout my uni life used to tape lectures and ill be pretty harsh on it and thrown right into my bag excessively throughout the semester.
Any way Im pretty illeterate in terms of the good and bad brands of voice recorders in todays market, ive looked into a few like the olypmus and the sonys.
Just want others peoples opinions? preferably something that can store high quality stereo recording of maximum of 5 hours , usb connection and if so one which formats is files into mp3 / wma.
Hmm I guess i'll have to sit behind you, making farting noises (with my hands of course).
It would sound like the lecturer just has a colon problem yet he'd still stand there in front of the hall.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
i could always use my mobile phone but it wont be downloadable so any in here used this sony one or similar just qwanna how does it rate and am i gettin my moneys worth in investing one of these since my options are getting slim in note taking since im pretty much dead during lectures sleepin lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)