Looking for Alibrandi (1 Viewer)

Yarran

Hey just wondering if anyone could tell me whether they think Looking for Alibrandi would be a good text to study relating to changing self.. plz get back to me thx

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
its good but its a set text 4 standard, so mayb its not a good idea 2 use it...
check thes ticky on related material 4 changing self. it really helped me, changing self is such a goddamn hard topic ay?

craz

HSC
It is a set text. I did it in year 11, but yes I am doing changing self now. It's not a good idea to do it as an additional text or anything as it is part of the syllabus and the board might question your school about you using a set text for the HSC

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah it can be used for changing self. a know a few people who used it for their supplementary materials. it can also be used for chaging perspectives. it can relate to anything really, depends on how you interept the book.

oh and dont reply solely on the movie.. use the book :)

damodamo

umm, how can u use looking for alibrandi for changing perspectives when its a set text for it, what r u supposed to do, relate looking for alibrandi with looking for alibrandi??
and yeh u could use alibrandi for changing self but most hsc markers frown upon it apparently.....

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i personally dont think its that great of a text for Changing Self, for the same reasons i dont think Sally Morgan's 'My Place' is either... i find the main change of self is that she just grows up!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by damodamo
yeh u could use alibrandi for changing self but most hsc markers frown upon it apparently.....
really whys that though? man, i was planning to use it for my stuff... had all the notes ready and know the book/movie backwards....

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
its frowned upon because its a prescribed text... so like, they could think you borrowed notes off your friend in another class who was studying it for their Area of Study etc...

lbft

Geek
HSC
I'm doing Alibrandi for Changing Perspective, then again the author is a teacher at my school so...

Personally I think it's a fantastic book. The movie isn't anywhere near as good as the book but it's OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)