Looking for appropriate books? (1 Viewer)

blackcat2707

HSC
Do you guys have any ideas about which books is the most useful and following the lecture of all these units, please help me?
- ACCG100
- ECON110
- STAT170
- ISYS123

williamc

HSC
Do you guys have any ideas about which books is the most useful and following the lecture of all these units, please help me?
- ACCG100
- ECON110
- STAT170
- ISYS123
I can sell you ACCG100 (which doubles as the book for ACCG101 s2), and ECON110 textbooks.

Both textbooks really help, and are neccesary for you to complete tutorial homework.

Personal message me.

antisheep

HSC
STAT170 I would hold off buying the book... i only looked at it like twice, just see how you go with the course notes and lectures... it could well be enough.

ISYS123 is a grey area... they don't demand you get the textbook, but the weekly tute questions come from it and while scans are provided on the website, the bulk of the chapter helps to answer them... I was personally glad that I got it but I might have been in the minority? I personally found the lectures frustrating so the textbook was a good backup resource...

ECON110 - it's a good textbook and you need it...

All i know about the accounting textbook is that if someone really pisses you off and you want to bash them in the face, this book is the best choice... it's hefty.

blackcat2707

HSC
Thanks so much for responding and I'v just checked the website and now I knew what I should buy! ^^

jelabay

HSC
hehe, i'm doing those units too this sem.
but not isys123, i'm doing that next sem.

have you bought all the textbooks?
i was thinking about waiting till the lecture, to find out what edition we need.
i'm assuming it would be the latest?

antisheep

HSC
out of the subjects mentioned as far as editions are concerned, Economics they're really insistent you buy the proper edition... ISYS book is only in first edition so you have no choice, stats I don't think they care...
waiting til the lecture is a good idea... they talk about it and in some cases offer alternatives... for instance the lecturer for ISYS really tells you how much of the book you'll be using... so yeah maybe wait til end of first week.

but be aware that you will then be contending with massive queues and airport-style security... a friend of mine got cavity searched last year. True story.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)