Looking for exam tips/strategies top schools have (1 Viewer)

Ollier888

HSC
After getting back some of my exams from last term I am really encouraged and was wondering if anyone is selling or can give top ranked schools tips and strategies (saw people talking about that), I am in a 100-120th ranked school and wondering if anyone has tips from top ones, cheers.

YonOra

HSC
If anyone has the audacity to try and sell you 'selective school' study tips, run - as fast as you can!

There are SO many reasources on here - state rankers guides for eng, maths, eco. There are threads discussing study tips, and youtube videos from medical students (shoutout Ali) who promote really, really good tips to completely change your study routine for the better. There are books that provide scientific evidence for and against study tips.

Don't fall into the 'top school' crap. The best students will study their peers and google (FOR FREE).

Qeru

HSC
After getting back some of my exams from last term I am really encouraged and was wondering if anyone is selling or can give top ranked schools tips and strategies (saw people talking about that), I am in a 100-120th ranked school and wondering if anyone has tips from top ones, cheers.
Second what Yonora says, there a probably much more capable people who can offer advice for free than those who offer advice for money.

idkkdi

HSC
Second what Yonora says, there a probably much more capable people who can offer advice for free than those who offer advice for money.
Shhh easiest money I will ever make bruh.

YonOra

HSC
Such as this man. The up and coming Carrotsticks

idkkdi

HSC
Real advice tho:
Go du and zhangs lol. That’s like half the peeps I know. Jk.
No tips and strategies other than just being smart and grinding. Compensating for one with the other works.

Last edited:

dasfas

HSC
Top schools don't teach study techniques that much, you just kinda pick it up by yourself. No one is really going to say "I have this technique from my school that no one else from other schools will know of"

The best things for studying are

1) taking mental health/physical health seriously - you gotta exercise
2) fighting procrastination by figuring out a way to gamify your study, see ie. rewarding yourself at the end of each day
3) realising its a marathon, not a sprint. the guy who says they studies 15 hours a day is full of shit
4) active recall and spaced repetition is a godsend and boosted my marks from decent to the top

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)