Looking for Highly Skilled English Tutor - High Pay (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
Yeah. I need a highly skilled English teacher. Preferably someone doing literature in university or long term qualified proffesional teacher. Pay is negotiable, but i need someone who can do my texts not literary techniques and all that crap. I'm armed with a billion north shore booklets and others for that. I don't need help with film, or images with orthagonals, vectors, salient, mis en scene and those dodgy stuff. I just need help with someone reading the text I'm studying and point out everything that I've missed.

Also the English teacher must be smart, not someone like the school teacher I have who doesn't even know what is a metonym...

Please PM if you fill these criteria...

*Note: Preferably if your the English teacher and you provide notes, not just tell me good stuff that I will forget in two hours time. Also if you can read the related texts I've prepaered that'd be good (I've got like 10 related texts, but I think a few like Great Expectations might be used by the syllabus, and others aren't reccomended (District 9).

Oh yeah, and if some English teacher also knows existentialism and all that stuff well that'd be good too.

Deathless

HSC
Oh yeah, and if you can help me beat the genius in our school who's probably going to end up first in the state for English, I'll give you like $500 at the end of the year.

Deathless

HSC
Also please don't apply for this job, if your not going to read the texts I'm studying. I have like 3 English tutors and their good, but their not focused on my texts. The one who did is like a reject shop lady who scams money by charging like $80 for 5 mins of teaching and 55mins of talking to other students who come into my lesson for free. Not surprsingly she has a million non-paying students around her everyday of the week and thinks she is the best teahcer in the world. I think it was a PLC or MLC teacher, and she's just terrible. They should sack her. She shouldn't even be tutoring its part of her contract...

Scinery

HSC
Just a suggestion - it could be useful to post up which texts you actually do.

It could also be useful if you took your own notes during a tutoring session, so that you don't "forget in two hours time".

good luck...!

beachee99

HSC
I researched existentialism stuff for my study of hamlet for my HSC.
It's fairly easy to find stuff on the internet.

i don't see why District 9 wouldn't be a good choice for .. i assume belonging yeh ?

I did 4 unit english in 2009 and achieve a E4 in ext 1 english (47/50 in Exam) and an E3 in ext 2 and adv english. i will be studying english/history teaching at UNSW and have a DET Teaching Scholarship.
i don't think i have the experience you want .. but if your teacher doesn't know what metonymy is than i am obviously more knowledgable haha.
just a stab lol PM me if you want details.

Leximo

HSC
Hey, I'm not sure if I qualify but I think I could provide you with what you're after. I studied Advanced, 3U and 4U English at school, got 91, 46 and 47 for them in the HSC, I also studied a lot of literature and communications subjects in Uni. and would be happy to provide notes and read the texts/related texts you have to do for your HSC.

I did exestentialist topics for btoh preliminary and HSC English and feel reasonably confident I could provide insight into that aspect of the course.

Get back to me if you're interested. If not, good luck and hope you find what you're after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)